Why do I have extra characters in Handcent messaging?

tslexky

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Extra characters in Handcent messaging`

Sometimes, when I type a text, it adds a space and the previous character for no reason. For example, if I want to send a text that says "I am going to the store." and that is what I type, it will sometimes add characters. If I type that sentence, it may end up as "I am going g to the store." If I don't pay attention, it will get sent that way.

As a side note, I do have predictive typing turned on but I am not sure if that is related to the cause since a " g" is not really a word.

This is occurring on a Samsung Galaxy S3 and did not happen with the previous texting app (which did not have predictive texting turned on).

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Extra characters in Handcent messaging`

I think it is the predictive feature. It happens to me too. For me, what happens is my device reads (using your example of going) an unintentional space, the app corrects my 'typo' and I believe I am finishing typing the word. As for the unintentional space, it might be me, it might not be, I have never tried keeping track.

tslexky

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, golfdriver97. It could certainly be me. My thumbs are a lot larger than those keys. :-\

I am not sure I am not hitting a space. It does seem to often be a space g which would make sense since the n is just above the space bar. Maybe I am hitting the n and the space bar followed by a g which would result in the situation.