I did a factory reset on my Galaxy Tab 3 and now it won't read the SD card, can I please get some help?

A

AC Question

I did a factory reset on Galaxy tab 3 and now it wont read the SD card... help!

My Galaxy Tab 3 8" was having some problems freezing and shutting its self down when I was doing pre-installed software updates. I ended up having to do a factory reset. Now it shows the mounted SD card and the folders but all the files are empty. There is over 2 gig used on the SD card so I know there is still stuff on it. I tried it in my PC and it did the same thing...shows the folders and the space they are using but no files.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I did a factory reset on Galaxy tab 3 and now it wont read the SD card... help!

Welcome to Android Central! Was the card still in the tablet when you did the factory reset? Although a factory reset isn't supposed to affect the SD card, I've seen posts where people describe problems with the card after the reset. Try unmounting the card in Settings>Storage, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa