Why does my phone insist that I have insufficient storage?

A

AC Question

I have an LG L70 and my Android version is 4.4.2. I have a 16 GB external memory and that's where I store music files (mostly music).

I still had around 300 mb of free internal memory when I received an error:insufficient storage message after attempting to download a 4 mb app.

I checked the forums for possible solutions and did ones where I cleared the cache files, deleted unused .obb files from failed downloads and uninstalled updates on my google play services (running on an older version now).

I currently have around 800 to 900 mb free but downloading the 4 mb file still keeps on giving me the same error:insufficient storage message.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Show us your Settings>Storage screen: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. I'm curious to see if the Internal Storage is divided into two different partitions, one being App Storage and the other being "Internal SD." If so, it's possible the 800-900 MB free you're seeing is from the "Internal SD," while the App Storage partition (which is the important area for installing apps) might remain close to full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa