Top half of S Pen "shell" broke off inside phone and is now stuck...I guess?

A

AC Question

I dropped my Samsung Note 5 while standing in my kitchen. It didn't fall very hard and I didn't notice until a few hours later that the S Pen had popped out. I found the S Pen laying on the kitchen floor and about 3/4 of the outer "shell" of the pen had broken off. I couldn't find the piece that had broken off but didn't think too much about it at the time.
So I bought a replacement S Pen and found out that it does not slide in all of the way. I got a flashlight and looked in the S Pen hole and it looks like the "shell" is still stuck inside the phone. I used a paper clip to see if I could pull it out but no luck.
Has anybody else ever had this happen or have any ideas of what I could try to get it out? Thank you!

goldenmonkey

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. Didn't break off due to dropping, but I was using it and I heard a crack. I put it back together and thought all was fine, but when I went to pull the pen back out later, only the top half came out.

Sticking a paperclip or other item in there to 'pry' it out was of no use. Not even close. I was able to get it out by putting the top (minus the spring) back into the phone. This 'connected' the two pieces, I was able to then pull the whole thing out as one without it falling off midway through. It took a few tries, but I was able to get it to come out.

Didn't even bother contacting samsung, reading online, sounds like they're no use whatsoever. At best, I'd have to wait several weeks for a new pen, or send them the entire phone. Just bought a replacement on ebay for $20. The S-Pen is one of the main reasons for having the phone over say a 6P for me. Still pretty frustrated the thing breaks so easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress