Anyone selling their Bionic for the Prime?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am.

while the Bionic's new UI is pretty good, most would prefer the ability to run stock..

It's sad to say but if stock ICS ran on the Bionic i'd keep it..

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope.....what for?? When the bionic gets ICS they'll basically be in the same ballpark with the exception of the screen which might make the battery an nightmare on it...

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Nope.....what for?? When the bionic gets ICS they'll basically be in the same ballpark with the exception of the screen which might make the battery an nightmare on it...

Stock ICS. How much is Motorola going to remove/tweak? and how long is it going to take for them to release ICS for the Bionic? 6-9 months?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think anyone with a bionic would be wise to wait and see how the prime is reviewed, forum users' impressions / complaints, etc before committing to sell the bionic for it. That's my plan at least. Bionic is still going to likely win out in radio quality and battery life, IMO. Also its been rooted and you will soon be able to run custom roms and junk that will make up the difference, I believe. Just food for thought.. You have a great phone, be sure before you scramble for the next big thing..

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Personally I find the "stock" argument to be overdone, what do you really NEED to do that you can't on the Bionic?

Blur has been toned way down, and I hardly find it gets in the way anymore.

And no, I no plan to get a Prime for the time being. I just don't see a truly compelling reason yet.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Most likely no. I am sure the bionic will get ICS, I am also sure I would just put a new launcher over it anyway. As for horsepower, I am fine with what the bionic is packing and by the time that its not good enough, something better than the prime will be out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with most of the above posts. Other than feeling compelled to have the "latest" I can find no justification for upgrading (theoretically, anyway) to a newer device. That is, unless you plan to upgrade every six months. That would be akin to new, iPhone 4 users opting for the 4S. Why?

Besides the fact that I am simply not that impressed with the SAMOLED display...over saturated, definite green tint and hard to view in sunlight...fakery all the way around. Finally, I will wait for the Suzy to settle and read reviews and see how others experience it first. I am in no rush, I am still enjoying my Bionic!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
For some reason, the Motorola UI just does not feel as snappy as stock.

plus, the contact charging.. ooooo

I have scratches all around my microUSB port from wiggling my phone to get into the dock.. =(

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, the Motorola UI just does not feel as snappy as stock.

plus, the contact charging.. ooooo

I have scratches all around my microUSB port from wiggling my phone to get into the dock.. =(

Turn the light on son.....lol.....

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I think anyone with a bionic would be wise to wait and see how the prime is reviewed, forum users' impressions / complaints, etc before committing to sell the bionic for it. That's my plan at least. Bionic is still going to likely win out in radio quality and battery life, IMO. Also its been rooted and you will soon be able to run custom roms and junk that will make up the difference, I believe. Just food for thought.. You have a great phone, be sure before you scramble for the next big thing..

Really, Radio quality? All I've heard is complaints about it dropping every single connection. Not trolling, my last three devices have been motos and they've all had $#i+ty signal. Now I need to upgrade to a 4g device and I'm really curious what a real user thinks. From what I've heard since launch, it's not even making my list of possibilities. Even VZW store reps have confirmed for me that it has lots of issues.

-James

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Really, Radio quality? All I've heard is complaints about it dropping every single connection. Not trolling, my last three devices have been motos and they've all had $#i+ty signal. Now I need to upgrade to a 4g device and I'm really curious what a real user thinks. From what I've heard since launch, it's not even making my list of possibilities. Even VZW store reps have confirmed for me that it has lots of issues.

-James

Better signal and GPS than my old charge and inc 2

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what your definition of a "real user" is, so I may not qualify, but since I have been using mobile devices since the bag phone days, travel all over the US and have had a fair number of different phones, and, I am a human, I am hoping I am a "real user." That being dias, I have had no real issues with my Bionic in terms of signal strength. I have yet to lose a call, get 4G in most, but not all, areas and have no complaints about radio quality. Guess that means I am not real.

Really, Radio quality? All I've heard is complaints about it dropping every single connection. Not trolling, my last three devices have been motos and they've all had $#i+ty
signal. Now I need to upgrade to a 4g device and I'm really curious what a real user thinks. From what I've heard since launch, it's not even making my list of possibilities. Even VZW store reps have confirmed for me that it has lots of issues.

-James

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
No way - love the Bionic and actually like the version of Blur it comes with.

As far as I'm concerned it couldn't be faster and I get a very good signal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa