Who got it?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Who picked it up? I decided to go in to work an hour late to see if I can pick it up this morning and save myself the trouble later. I hope they have them on stock when I arrive in an hour at opening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jammocaz

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
i got mine this morning. The ups guy delivered them to the store just before i arrived. They opened the box and sold me one. I learned that they have two SKU's the guy at verizon said it comes in white?! They had none in the box or atleast he didnt see any. But his inventory info says in white. I got what they had I prefer black. Also if you get the bundle kit there is a %25 discount for a limited time.

Also to save you guys/gals some $$$. He said you can bill your account a portion of the cost of the retail price up to $350-400 and pay the difference in cash. This will not change your plan. Just FYI

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Who picked it up? I decided to go in to work an hour late to see if I can pick it up this morning and save myself the trouble later. I hope they have them on stock when I arrive in an hour at opening.

I got mine...so far so good, charging it to 100% and then I will take it through it paces. Feels solid and looking forward to see how great the battery is. Hope this bad boy gets JB soon.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to go later on. They got the HD but not the Maxx at 9. Oh well

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I hope your guy was misinformed. My Verizon store tried to tell me the same thing and I told them on the Razr HD comes in white, so he checked his system and said, "Wow, you are right...I wonder why I thought it was in white, too". I then heard his manager say, "It's always embarrassing when the customer knows more than us".

Anyway, I got mine in black...but would have gone for white if it was there. Obviously one of our reps is wrong. I hope it's yours. :p

I let them activate it but I had to come back to work so I put the SIM card back in my current phone and will play with it tonight.

I do have one question for anyone if they have a minute...when you go into apps settings, at the bottom (at least on the regular maxx) there is something that shows how much memory you've used for apps, and how much is available. Can someone post what the available number is? On the regular Maxx they limit you to 2 gigs of the total memory.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Is it only at VZ stores? I'm near a Best Buy and was going to stop by there. Isn't it better to buy it there if you have a few questions because you have a longer time to return it??

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Also to save you guys/gals some $$$. He said you can bill your account a portion of the cost of the retail price up to $350-400 and pay the difference in cash. This will not change your plan. Just FYI

Wow. That's awesome. Is this verified and true? I don't know why they didn't allow this option before. It's just makes them more money. I'll have to head in to a location and check that out.

Transmitted from the cutting edge of my electronic shaving device

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow. That's awesome. Is this verified and true? I don't know why they didn't allow this option before. It's just makes them more money. I'll have to head in to a location and check that out.

I can verify that it's true. That's how I paid for my current Razr Maxx. Except I did this over the phone. The rep gave me the option to charge it with a debit/credit card or add it to my billing statement. I decided to put the whole $299.99 plus additional fees added to my billing statement. And surely it worked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I can verify that it's true. That's how I paid for my current Razr Maxx. Except I did this over the phone. The rep gave me the option to charge it with a debit/credit card or add it to my billing statement. I decided to put the whole $299.99 plus additional fees added to my billing statement. And surely it worked.

Yeah they've had the "bill to account" feature for maybe a decade (up to $400, used to be 500), as did the regular phone companies back when you'd purchase a landline phone from them directly. I know AT&T did this.

It's convenient especially if you already have your account on auto-pay.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I called and the lady I spoke with this morning told me to call around 2 PM and she may be able to hold one for me. I hope she can because I don't get off of work until 5:30 PM and its going to rain so traffic is going to be awful. I played around with the demo unit and its absolutely gorgeous. The build quality is superb with no creaks or movement.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

Yeah they've had the "bill to account" feature for maybe a decade (up to $400, used to be 500), as did the regular phone companies back when you'd purchase a landline phone from them directly. I know AT&T did this.

It's convenient especially if you already have your account on auto-pay.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

But is this process doable when paying retail price? Or is it an upgrade only option?

jammocaz

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope your guy was misinformed. My Verizon store tried to tell me the same thing and I told them on the Razr HD comes in white, so he checked his system and said, "Wow, you are right...I wonder why I thought it was in white, too". I then heard his manager say, "It's always embarrassing when the customer knows more than us".

Anyway, I got mine in black...but would have gone for white if it was there. Obviously one of our reps is wrong. I hope it's yours. :p

I let them activate it but I had to come back to work so I put the SIM card back in my current phone and will play with it tonight.

I do have one question for anyone if they have a minute...when you go into apps settings, at the bottom (at least on the regular maxx) there is something that shows how much memory you've used for apps, and how much is available. Can someone post what the available number is? On the regular Maxx they limit you to 2 gigs of the total memory.

Yeah your guy was probably more accurate. LOL! I doubled back to the store and he confirmed this. I went back got a case and accessory stuff. All kinds of colors styles for this phone was pretty cool. They already sold 5 this morning he said after i left. The guys in the store all said its going to be the sleeper phone. That will catch on pretty soon

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You're making me panic a bit saying 5 were sold so far. I am only going for the Maxx so I hope she can indeed hold one for me or I may have to order online. I wanted it for this weekend though so I hope it doesn't come to this. My store said they only had the RAZR HD in this morning and 5 were black 3 white. Said more should arrive today so maybe the Maxx will be in with more available

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
But is this process doable when paying retail price? Or is it an upgrade only option?

Hmmm great question. I'm honestly not sure about with retail pricing since I did it as an upgrade. I think that if you do it through Verizon either way, I'm sure it would work for retail the same way it works for upgrades. It doesn't hurt to call and ask them the same question. Good luck!

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up a few hours ago. Restoring data now. It usually takes a few hours to restore with my backup pro. Downloaded most of my apps. Will test it after I set everything up.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Wow just got it this thing is built like a tank and it's light!

I'm impressed. Anyone figure out how to take a screenshot??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow just got it this thing is built like a tank and it's light!

I'm impressed. Anyone figure out how to take a screenshot??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Should be power button and down volume at same time.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just saw on another thread that this phone can do SVDO (did I get the right acronym). You can make a call on 3G and still use data. They put a screen shot up. Unfortunately I've lost track of which forum. Actually, I just found it. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx-hd/211579-droid-razr-maxx-hd-waiting-lounge-165.html#post2305944

I saw Verizon stated this on their site but wasn't sure of it was both or only 4G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38