Droid razr maxx case

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
For those of you that may be interested I did receive my 2 piece crystal clear hard case today and it was an actual Razr Maxx case even though most of the pictures you see show the OG Razr. Although I've only had it on my phone for a short time here are my thoughts/opinions on it so far. It is a little thicker than I expected. It is a little thicker than the otterbox commuter case, but not as thick as the defender case. It is also as clear as advertised, but to make it like that no texture could be added so the jury is still out on how that could affect day to day use (makes it easy to remove from your pocket, but means very little grip.

The main reason I purchased this case was because I like the look of the phone "naked" but I also wanted some protection. I will probably give it a few days to get a better opinion on the case, but I may end up breaking down and either getting the case/holster combo or the otterbox commuter case just so I have something with a little more texture.....

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Can't find any quality cases for the Maxx. Why does the iPhone have all these amazing cases.. yet other phones get nothing

I guess it's relative to what you like. I had never considered an otterbox before as I didn't think It'd be something I'd want. Then I saw an iphone in one and gave it a second look for my maxx. I'm hooked now and would probably get the commuter for any future phone as well as my current maxx. Gives great protection and is very functional. keep looking, lot's of nice cases depending on what you want.

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just put the Otterbox commuter on my MAXX. Never used a case before.......I love it!
Amazon was 1/2 the price of VZW

:cool:

Mepps3#AC

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Seido just released the Surface case and holster finally! I had this on my Droid X and was hands down the best case I've owned. Been using the Otterbox Defender and think it is to big. Tried the Otterbox Commuter case and think is to slippery.

seidioonline.com

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I actually ordered the green androidified tpu case to replace my hard plastic clear 2 piece case. I liked how the clear case showed off the kevlar backing, but it was also a pain to remove and also with it being clear it showed every speck of dust that got under the cover. Also the tpu case actually has some texture on the side for a better grip.

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
We ordered Cimo Technologies TPU cases. They're dirt cheap (less than $6 each), but seem nice and they offer good protection. The gloss cases have all the proper openings.

hyrulejedi86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Do these cases, especially the otterbox, add too much insulation to the phone? I know they get hot when really working and I wonder if that heat being unable to escape will pose any threat to the phone or battery life.

TundraDome

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Commuter. It does not get too hot to the touch when I use various apps Including netflix, though with netflix it does get a little bit warm.

The otterbox is "dual use" in that it has minimal friction so it's easy to slide into your pocket and the upper quarter portion has the exposed soft polymer for easy gripping. When I'm on the phone I keep my fore finger on the left upper part of that soft polymer and my right thumb between the power and the upper volume keys. So far so good - and the otterbox maintains the slim profile of the razr maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

hyrulejedi86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Commuter. It does not get too hot to the touch when I use various apps Including netflix, though with netflix it does get a little bit warm.

The otterbox is "dual use" in that it has minimal friction so it's easy to slide into your pocket and the upper quarter portion has the exposed soft polymer for easy gripping. When I'm on the phone I keep my fore finger on the left upper part of that soft polymer and my right thumb between the power and the upper volume keys. So far so good - and the otterbox maintains the slim profile of the razr maxx.

So it gets warm enough to feel through the case? That seems pretty hot on the actual phone.

TundraDome

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
So it gets warm enough to feel through the case? That seems pretty hot on the actual phone.

A little bit warm (technical term). About as warm as my storm 2 would become in its sedio case. I suspect these phones are designed (don't know of course) to dissipate heat in heavy use applications knowing many will elect to protect the device in a form fitting case. For me, it was an easy choice as i have never had a device overheat in a case - have had one break before from a 4 foot fall.

hector11

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
are forgetting leather cases are also of high quality and affordable elegance, the leather case I have it all perfect i have it good time and no heat, they should take a look at the page Fortte.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the VZW shell/holster because I like the stand. However I also had one on my Charge and it did not protect the top of it one day when I let if fall from my leg while sitting down. Phone survived but had a little nick at the top. Since I like the stand and the thin feel of it though I've decided to bring back an old look. I'm now sporting a lanyard attached to the shell that will slow any accidental fall. You'll remember them being used on pagers back in the day! Well if it's good enough to save a pager, it's good enough for my 600.00 phone right? :cool: My wife says it looks weird but I don't care. Adding pics. Go ahead, make fun, don't care :cool:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa