Contacts do not show in car bluetooth pairing

Jan Nademlejnsky

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I found the following solution based on the instruction here, which was not finished fully. This work on my 2014 VW Golf. Interestingly, Windows phone did not have any problem, but identical Android phones (me and my wife) bought at the same time, one was transferring phone book into, but mine as not. Here is full instruction:

1. Go to the Google Play Store through your phone
2. Click the Search icon
3. Type in 'Bluetooth Phonebook' in the search field
4. Find, select and install "Bluetooth File Transfer"
5. Open this application
6. Click Bluetooth Icon
7. Select "Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)"
8. Exit
9. Steps 5 and 6
10. Select your Car which was already paired, in my case VW Phone
11. Start your car and load Phone book to your car from your car.

You might start from scratch to remove your paired phone and the repair it again, but I did not have to do it.

Thanks to this forum, I found and figured out this solution after about 20 min, while phone dealer had now clew and car dealer appointment was waste of my time.

james rossell

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
This worked for me.

Pairing the car and phone.

Turn ignition switch on position 1 or 2.
Activate your cars phone RT switch.
Go to settings tap bluetooth. Check the box
to allow bluetooth devices to find my phone.
Search for device.

Phone will find the car phone and ask to pair.
Enter your car phone code and phone will show car paired audio.
Do not stop here. Continue to download phone book.

To download phone book.
Go to contacts on your phone.
On the drop down menu select share. Select all contacts.
Press share at the bottom of the screen.
A list of bluetooth devices will be available.
Select the devise you are sharing with (car).
Contacts will load.

123BMW

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Discovered my new (2014) Motorola Moto-G phone only downloaded some of my phonebook when paired with my 2014 BMW.
It seems I’m not alone with the problem, but fixes others have recommended haven’t worked.
I don’t know what causes the problem (BMW or Android software or what) but I have found a work-around.

I discovered that the only the names marked as favourites were uploaded to the phone book.
(The star next to the name is filled as opposed to being empty)

Marking the entire address book as ‘favourite’ allowed them all to be uploaded.
Then I ‘un-tagged’ the extra ones from my phone to remove the new ‘favourites’, which put my phone back as it was originally.
And the good news is that now they are uploaded, the BMW still displays them correctly when the phone is next paired.

Hope this is helpful to others.

sammeland

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Prius and my new Galaxy S4 after the latest system update. It drove me crazy! Finally I figured it out. I went to the phone setup in the car. I found a button that said "phonebook refresh." It took a few minutes but when it was done, my entire contact list was available through voice command or hand dialing. I hope this helps!

Jerry Dornback

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a Hundai santa fe 2012 my S3 contacts synced perfect updated to a S5 and no way but does work with wifes 2014 passat went to hundai they said corp canceled blue tooth updates so now left out in cold hands free driving starts in just a few day now what

jirin_cz

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,

my dad bought Hyundai i30 so we wanted to try bluetooth pairing with his HTC EVO 3D Android phone. After bluetooth pairing, the car panel asked me to download contacts from the phone. So I confirmed that on the panel and accept the new notification on the phone.

Contacts and call history has been copied (155 contacts). Playing music also works via car speakers like a charm. Then we wanted to call mom, but... her contact detail wasn`t synced. I discovered there are more contacts which had not beed synced with car.

I tried to add new contact into the phone's contact list (first add to the phone, then add to Google), then resynced the contact list woth the car, but only the same number of the contact (155) was synced.

I tried with my iPhone 5S and all my contact were synced succesfully. As I`m not so familiar with Andoid, please, can someone help me?

According the Martyn Reed's from post on previous page, I should do this:

to get the contact on the idrive you need to edit each individual contact and assign it to the group 'My Contacts'. (it may work with other groups i haven't tried), All my contacts were 'Not assigned' to a group so therefor not synced to the car.
Once this is done, turn off the Bluetooth like above and turn on again and the car connects and you should see your contacts appear.

Could you please advise how? Is the anything how I should repair thecontact should bet entered in order to sync properly?

Marking contact as favorite ones does not work as the few contacts currently marked as favorite actually has not been sinced.

Thank you in advance!

dannyson

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to add my story. I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata and when I bought it I had the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that was rooted (not sure if that had anything to do with it). The car downloaded my contacts normally and I had no issues. I upgraded my phone to the Galaxy Note Edge and my car would only download 89 of 102 contacts. It seemed that it didn't want to download the rest. The contacts were all from Google and always had been since my previous phone. I tried EVERYTHING from clearing my phone back to factory specs to deleting the car from BT and deleting the car from the phone. Putting contacts on the phone, on the sim, etc. Nothing worked. I downloaded the trial of the Bluetooth phonebook app and all the contacts synced and they synced within 10 seconds. Previously it would take 2 minutes to do less. The issue with the trial is that it changes a random digit in every number transferred. So I bought the full version for $2 and it worked. Too bad we have to pay money for the phone to do what it's supposed to do anyway. Fully worth what I had to spend.

23Kenny

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody this worked for me. Make sure you unpair your device to your car to start fresh. Turn off bluetooth on your phone. Goto settings on your phone. Applications. Applications manager then look up bluetooth under "running" TAB. Then push clear data now try reconnecting phone to car. Please let me know how you go :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Pet Sitter

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and PREVIOUSLY had a Google Nexus 5 phone with no issues. This week I upgraded my phone to the Samsung Galaxy S6 & my car only downloaded 71 of my 300+ contacts. I ended up having to install an app on my phone from Google Play called "Bluetooth Phonebook (Trial)" to get it to download (most) of my contacts. Download the trail version to see if it works for you. If it does work UNINSTALL THE TRAIL VERSION then install the regular version for $1.95. Its gotten AWESOME reviews & fixed my issue 99%. A couple contacts didn't sync but I can always manually dial them from my phone.

Lakshman Kumar D

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
May be the car audio system you have is not supportive, try new andriod audio system like Clarion AX1 specially designed for Hyundai after market products. This system having phonebook access to all phones and contacts from Sim, phone as well as from Mail.
I enjoy easy pairing and access of call logs in 2 secs. Though it cost high it is worth.

nick10r

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I have almost the opposite requirement! I am one of several drivers of a Peugeot Boxer based community minibus, we each want to pair our phones with some common contacts gathered from our phones but not all contacts from each of our phones - otherwise we'd be swamped by too many irrelevant personal contacts. Is there a way of filtering or grouping contact numbers on each phone for bluetooth pairied upload to the minibus's gizmo?

rineidinger

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
This Bluetooth Phonebook app fixed the problem on my 2016 Hyundai Tucson using Motorola Droid Turbo 2. I tried a couple of other suggestions from forums that did not work but the automatic download worked after installing this app.

bluesh9

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
My contacts show but I keep getting an error message that the contacts did not download. I have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan and my cell phone is an LG - LS665 (purchased in June).

HopefulHon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site

nodloh1
Thank you, nodloh1, SO VERY MUCH!!! You helped me get ALL my contacts into my car! I spent two hours at my car dealership after they kept the car all day rebooting electronic components, and several men failed at downloading my contacts into my new 2017 Ford Fusion. Then I went to the Verizon store, and the nice technician spent over half an hour doing what we did at the dealership: taking the phone off, putting the phone back on the car, rebooting phone, etc. And the car continued to only download ten contacts in seemingly random fashion. YOU solved the problem after I transferred the contacts from the SD card back into the phone as you explained. Wishing you a very warm, loving Christmas!

Niceone01

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
The Renault/Dacia Media-Nav paired instantly with my old HTC Desire Z running under Froyo, but the Moto E3 with Marshmallow was a no-go for contacts loading. I tried all the suggestions: contacts on/off the SIM, switched Bluetooth on and off and on again on both devices. I tried the Bluetooth Phonebook app and instant success. I invested in the full version which cost me all of UKPds 1.29. Excellent value :)

sjperrymi

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
So glad I found this thread. This has been bugging me for months. Car = 2013 Ford C-Max. Phone = Google Pixel XL, and before that, Samsung Galaxy S5. Car thinks I only need a sampling of the contacts from my phone.

As suggested previously - I downloaded Bluetooth Phonebook (Trial) (see https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.android_rsap.irmctest&token=yWQwemW4) from Google Play. This trial alters the phone#'s in your contacts so is only good for test purposes. Worked perfectly. So I forked over 1.95 and got the real Bluetooth Phonebook (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.android_rsap.irmc&token=5EidqDLH). ALL the contacts synced (I counted) and within a few seconds.

Thanks again.

Hollysf

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
I have same problem with 2012 Elantra. Due to an android update. I updated my phone hoping Samsung fixed issue. I tried the share contact trick but zero contacts transfered. I can make a call on my phone and it connects to the system so the Bluetooth is working. I unpaired paired, etc... due for new phone...may have to get my first iphone.

Kerry Moir

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
I also had this issue when pairing a new phone to a new cars audio / telephone system. After scratching my head for a while I thought about how my contacts were transferred between the original Samsung J1 and the new J7. This was done by importing all the contacts to the SIM card and then installing the card into the new phone. That's where the problem arises as the Bluetooth system does not look in the SIM card for the data you wish transferred. To cure this problem simply import the contact details to your device memory which the Bluetooth can access and bingo that should hopefully resolve the issue. Good luck.

Graham1950

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Great thanks to all contributors for helping me to get my Mondeo(2009) bluetooth to accept the phonebook from my new Samsung A5(2017). The solution was as simple as ensuring my contacts were stored on the phone and not sim or sd card. Took a bit of fathoming but got there in the end! Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699