HTC RCA out cable

prodigal27

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is for the Droid Incredible, which also uses Micro-USB. Has anyone tested to see if this will work with the Evo?

Droid Incredible does TV out (VIDEO) – Android and Me

HTC Droid Incredible TV-Out Cable

The HDMI port will ONLY work with certain applications, it would be nice if it could work as a straight copy of what's on your phone, but that's not the case. It seems like this cable will emulate everything to the TV.

And everyone starts saying "GET A NEW TV WITH HDMI", RCA isn't completely dead yet and some people may want to use this. Not everyone has a new tv, may want this for van/SUV audio video set ups, or if you a travel a lot hotel rooms with boring channels and no HDMI ports on those dated tv's.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Micro USB port on Evo is most likely for data transfers only. That's why the Evo has HDMI-out--for audio/video output.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
plus the whole point of the evo outputting to an hdtv is for the HD content you record with your phone and to playback 720p movies, etc. it defeats the purpose of using an SDTV.

prodigal27

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Micro USB port on Evo is most likely for data transfers only. That's why the Evo has HDMI-out--for audio/video output.

Knowing HTC's history this probably isn't true. It most likely also has an audio out capability to say the least.

plus the whole point of the evo outputting to an hdtv is for the HD content you record with your phone and to playback 720p movies, etc. it defeats the purpose of using an SDTV.

I think you missed my original point. The HDMI out will only work with certain programs. If you watch the video, you can see that it streams the phone live to the tv. If the EVO can do this, then you can use it for much more than just watching your 720p recording playback.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
what point? I said the video out is mainly for watching recorded videos from the phone and other videos, as well as youtube, slideshows/pictures. Maybe there will be a time when people find out how to do other stuff on the tv from the phone.

legacy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Composite out cables are analog. HDMI out is digital. I REALLY doubt this is going to work. You can get HDMI to composite converters, but they usually involve a big box and are expensive.

biscodude

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I think I read elsewhere that the usb video adpater for the incredible didn't work on the EVO. I would assume that this is a software limitation rather than a hardware limitation. If that's the case, hopefully someone will figure out how to install the drivers from the incredible to make this work.

Also, I'm hoping that they figure out how to unlock the hdmi capabilities for all programs. I dream of the day when I can play an snes emulator with a bluetooth controller on the tv in my living room.