Verizon nexus 6 and switching to at&t or T-Mobile

jcampbell1070

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a verizon nexus 6 on an edge plan. Im going to ditch verizon and go with at&t or t-mobile. Since the phone with be blacklisted with verizon, will I be able to put an at&t or t mobile sim card in and work. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a verizon nexus 6 on an edge plan. Im going to ditch verizon and go with at&t or t-mobile. Since the phone with be blacklisted with verizon, will I be able to put an at&t or t mobile sim card in and work. Thanks

So you're not going to pay for the phone once you leave Verizon?

I would highly suggest to not do this. Not only will that mess with your credit .. your phone will be useless on ALL carriers. If one carrier blacklists your phone it will be blacklisted and not usable on ALL carriers.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So you're not going to pay for the phone once you leave Verizon?

I would highly suggest to not do this. Not only will that mess with your credit .. your phone will be useless on ALL carriers. If one carrier blacklists your phone it will be blacklisted and not usable on ALL carriers.
What he said. Carriers share blacklist.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
tmo will pay off your ETF, there's no need to go rogue.
I am guessing he wants to keep his nexus 6. Having tmobile pay off the edge payment plan requires turning in the nexus 6. Note that having tmobile pay the contract etf doesn't require you to turn in the device on contract(you can turn in any phone) . Something to consider, if you plan to switch to another carrier.

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Also you have to buy a phone from tmo for them to pay off your etf. You can't bring them a phone for etf pay off or edge pay off and bring your own device. At least that is what I was told at a local tmo store.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also you have to buy a phone from tmo for them to pay off your etf. You can't bring them a phone for etf pay off or edge pay off and bring your own device. At least that is what I was told at a local tmo store.

You can buy any phone, even a very cheap one. You don't necessarily have to get a Nexus 6 from them.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was able to bring my own and they still paid my eft when I left AT&T and went to T-Mobile. Of course I have left T-Mobile since then because of coverage issues am now with verizon. I was happiest coverage wise when I was with AT&T

ios_android1017

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

Yes it will work on tmobile i have the nexus 6 verizon black listed using it on tmobile remember if you dont pay for it the cdma will not work but this doesnt affect thengsm which means you can still use it in at&t or tmobile

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana