Phone in reboot loop

keoni8888

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Good morning,

I went through the long process of setting up my new Evo LTE yesterday. Basically, installing and configuring a bunch of apps. Everything was looking good and working well. So the last thing that I decided to do last night was to give it a reboot. I saw it reboot (and was nice and fast) so I walked away. When I came back I noticed that it seemed to be rebooting again. So I watched it. The phone starts up and I can unlock it. I see items in the notification bar starting, I see a message right above the bottom menu bar appear stating "Content update error. Try again later.", and then about 30 seconds later the screen goes gray and then reboots. I have time to get in and look at settings and uninstall things - about 1 minute. But I really do not know where to start.

Is there a way of preventing apps from auto starting at boot? Or does anyone have suggestions about how to troubleshoot?

The phone is stock (no root).

Thank you!

John

May 20, 2012
Visit site
My only suggestion is to try a factory reset. You said your phone is brand new so you shouldn't have much to loose. Give it a try. Then reinstall your apps one at a time and see if this happens after each. I hope this helps! :D

Sent from my SGH-T589R using Android Central Forums

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a particular app is causing the problem. Do what the poster above suggested and see if that fixes the problem.

keoni8888

May 22, 2010
Visit site
My only suggestion is to try a factory reset. You said your phone is brand new so you shouldn't have much to loose. Give it a try. Then reinstall your apps one at a time and see if this happens after each. I hope this helps! :D

Sent from my SGH-T589R using Android Central Forums

I suspect it is something like that too. I tend to install a lot of apps on a phone (all from market). My hope was that there is a way to track apps as they are loading and try to figure out which one is causing the problem.

Oh well... it took me 12 hours to get the phone to the way I like it... what's another 12 :)

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I suspect it is something like that too. I tend to install a lot of apps on a phone (all from market). My hope was that there is a way to track apps as they are loading and try to figure out which one is causing the problem.

Oh well... it took me 12 hours to get the phone to the way I like it... what's another 12 :)

I am getting the content update error too. No reboots. Seems pretty random when it happens though. Let me know if it shows up after you reset and what apps you are using.

dmaul3300

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I also get the content update error. It seems to happen at different times for me - sometimes I might be sending a text message or surfing the web, reading email etc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it fixed a lot of these little things. So far so good.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Do all of you have the new Evo? If so, it may be a factory app. Keep an eye out in the Evo LTE forum to see if this is a widespread problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress