Droid Razr Maxx not charging

spacetime89

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I usually charge my phone over night and I have never had any problems. Last night my phone didn't charge and I woke up to a 15% charge. I figured that I must have knocked the charger out of the outlet, so I just took it to work with me to let it charge today. It's been charging for almost an hour and there is still no change in the charge (now it's at 10%). When I go under settings and look at battery use, I see that I have "1d 0h 18m 22s on battery." I don't know if my phone is just incorrectly reading my battery or something. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Dexxur

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. I spent the night at a friend's house and went to bed with 60% charge, woke up and it was almost dead so I went home and put it on the charger, it's been on two different chargers and tried 4 different outlets and the phone doesn't charge at any of them. When I try to turn it on while it's on the charger it just shows a screen saying 0% battery life and never charges.

Dexxur

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I usually charge my phone over night and I have never had any problems. Last night my phone didn't charge and I woke up to a 15% charge. I figured that I must have knocked the charger out of the outlet, so I just took it to work with me to let it charge today. It's been charging for almost an hour and there is still no change in the charge (now it's at 10%). When I go under settings and look at battery use, I see that I have "1d 0h 18m 22s on battery." I don't know if my phone is just incorrectly reading my battery or something. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Just spent more time looking into the issue. Not sure what causes it but I found something that works. Press the Screen Lock button (Top Right Physical Button) and the Down Volume button just below it together for 10-12 seconds. After I did that it did a reboot and was able to charge again.

Hope this helps.

lorettamw

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I am also having a problem with charging my Droid Maxx,
Sometimes it charges fine and at other times using the same charger and the exact same process it will show it is charging and then later when i check it , the phone was not charged. This has just started about a week ago, so i think I will go to Verizon today.. Anyone else have this problem:-\

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is running, and it's using a lot of power (a game or some other heavy-duty app running), it can;t draw as much current from the charger as the phone is drawing from the battery, so the net effect on the battery is drain, not charge. If it won't charge with the phone off, there's a problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen when the phone is plugged into a wall outlet or a computer USB port? Charging via USB can be very slow, since the current provided is much lower than from a wall outlet. Consequently, if the phone is on and running some processes, the total power usage by the phone might outstrip the charging that is being done.