Please help, tablet messed up

Sonya Holden

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
My mom's Hannspree 10.1" tablet updated google play store today and then everything vanished as if it did a full wipe of the system and even though I had it checked so everything would backup if it got deleted, none of her games did. They're all reset and I don't know what to do. Please someone help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So does it appear that a complete factory reset occurred? Did you have to go through the whole process of logging into your Google account again?

Do you know if this was a system update, or only an update to the Google Play Store? The latter occurs in the background, while you would have been prompted by the system to accept a system update.

Posted via Android Central App

Sonya Holden

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I had to login again. From what I can tell it was just a google play store update. There are still files on the internal sd card that were there before.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If there was a factory reset and none of the apps were backed up then there's no way to receive those apps with data intact. I also don't think the Play Store update would have reset the device on its own. I'm guessing it was accidentally reset.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed response. Agree with above. If the user didn't accidentally reset the tablet, then it may be faulty system software or hardware. Hannspree is not a very well established tablet maker, which will tend to make their product more unreliable.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!