Google Voice Typing Not Muting Playback

mkdlmr

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 installed. I tend to use the built in voice to text feature often, but recently I noticed it no longer mutes background playback (Play Music or Pandora for example). It used to do this, and I cannot figure why. I've tested this out with both Swiftkey and the default keyboard (I believe it doesn't matter since they're both using the Google Voice Typing feature).

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
Mark

Rumblepuff

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem I got it when I got my new phone. It has been driving me crazy here are the things that I have tried:
Factory reset does not fix this.
Rolling back to the previous version of hangouts.
Clearing out of all the information the apps section of hangouts.
Disabling hangouts.
Installing a third party keyboard.
Installing a new SMS system.
the interesting thing is that if you're using the Google search or integrated voice button and not the one of the keyboard it will work.
There doesn't seem to be any information on this online since there are so many people complaining about other things from Google. I'm going to give Google a chance to fix it by calling them and if not decide to switch platforms.

Posted via Android Central App

Rumblepuff

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I found the issue it is after you updated Google search simply go into your settings/apps/all and then select Google search, then clear data. You should be fine now it only took about 5 resets and every one of my apps being updated one at a time then tested.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol