Samsung has told me and there u break I fix locations they cannot repair my phone I have to send it in. Has anyone with s8 active had repairs done without sending it in cause that's totally unacceptable I need my phone. Seems to me we have another win for apple.
    05-02-2018 11:25 AM
    Unless you live vlose to a UBreakIFix location, no. How can they do physical repairs on your phone if they don't have it?

If it's not under warranty, you can bring it into any local repair shop, but if you want it repaired under warranty, they have to have the hone. (Even a local shop won't fix most problems while you wait - it takes a day or two, at least. It's only a setting problem [you have something set wronf and they tell you what to change] or an account provisioning problem [the carrier did something wrong on their end] that can be fixed without their having the phone.)

Even Apple can't fix major problems on a walk-in basis. If the phone has to be taken a apart they won't do it while you wait, and if it has to go back to the factory, it's going to take days, at least.
    05-02-2018 11:52 AM
    I went to the u break I fix said my phone too new don't have the parts. Seems interesting that I can access the parts though
    05-02-2018 01:41 PM