Does Android just have the inferior versions?

UltiDroid

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Whenever it comes to apps that involve video, they never go through or upload on my Note II. I have an iPhone 4 as well, but I don't want to use it (not even sure where it is atm lol). Example, Instagram. I recorded a funny 8 or 9 second video (maximum is 14 seconds), every time I try to upload it, it says failed (and I can't re record it). I can record a useless 2 or 3 second video, and it works. Same goes for Snap Chat, if I try to send a video message, it fails to send to the recipient.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
A lot of this issue comes from the varying hardware and form factors that android supports, as well as the differing screen resolutions.

Alas androids greatest asset is also its weakest link. As a developer, porting your app or game to other devices with varying screen sizes is very difficult to do, especially when you can't afford the device to test on.

With apple devices, you have the iphone, ipad, and various other devices, a far smaller number than the various android devices available. And all of the apple products run with similar hardware all produced by the same company (mostly). This allows apple developers to easily port their apps to other I products and also makes maintaining them a lot easier.

You also have to account for different android versions, as each uses a different set of APIs. And backporting to older versions of android, minimize what features your app can include.

Now Google does a good job of allowing devs to filter devices from the playstore, if they don't meet certain requirements to run the app.

If your having any issues with your applications running, email the dev or leave a comment on the play store. We work very hard to bring top quality apps to the end user, however some things are bound to be overlooked. And we depend on the community to point them out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38