Does google have a sync issue with contacts?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't remember having this issue with my previous Samsung S6 edge+ and Nexus 6P.

Can someone please go through this entire thread specifically the last few posts and shed some light on this.....

I am having an issue with my BlackBerry PRIV where after I add a contact, it disappears within a minute or two. This happens randomly not always but is very annoying.

If this is a general Google Contacts Sync issue then I will not buy another Android phone for a while but I have a strong feeling it is due to the fact that the PRIV is using the "Contacts for BlackBerry" app to handle the contacts synchronization rather than the stock Google Contacts app:

Contacts disappear a few minutes after I add them

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen that with any of my devices, but let's see what other people say.

When you're adding these contacts, are you selecting your Google account, or some other account (like the Phone account, or a Blackberry account)?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I've never seen that with any of my devices, but let's see what other people say.

When you're adding these contacts, are you selecting your Google account, or some other account (like the Phone account, or a Blackberry account)?

Always selecting my Gmail account :(

anyway, I'm gonna buy an S7 today and sell my PRIV

chewyboy0

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
At one point I was actually considering buying that device but if it has a problem like that then that is a fatal flaw in their phone. As for the problem I once had a sync problem in settings for something involving contacts and I just had to uncheck and recheck the checkbox in the settings.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I can't get my contacts to sync properly with Outlook.com and I have had this problem since I switched to Android from IOS in mid December. I have had trouble with numerous contact apps, including the default contact app. The only app that I can get to sync properly is Nine.

I have a Droid Turbo 2.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
bloody hell, I sold the PRIV because of this issue thinking the "Contact for BlackBerry" was causing this issue although I loved the phone because of it's physical keyboard.

I then bought a Galaxy S7 and now I have the same issue so it wasn't a BlackBerry issue :(

If I add a contact from the Log, give it a few seconds and the contact disappears. I tried 3 times in a row and it still disappears. I then manually copy/pasted the number and added it from the contacts app, it didn't disappear. So this is a Google issue but I'm really surprised that it hasn't been fixed for long :(

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
It works fine on Mate 8. And had no sync issue before. Did you installed Gmail app on your phone?

it's preinstalled by default.

What I noticed is, if I add a contact from the call log or if someone messaged me in whatsapp and I add the contact from whatsapp, give it a few seconds and the contact disappears. What I am having to do to not have them disappear is to manually add them from the contacts app but this is very inconvenient