New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

borisj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just an update for those interested: I ordered a Nexus 4 + bumper at 11:36am EST and got the backorder email at 3pm today. Called up google at 5:30pm to see what was going on and they rep told me that I was one of the "later" orders and that those orders are being backordered. This is obviously bull and they either don't know what's going on or they don't want to tell us. He first told me that they sold out within 22 minutes of launch, then near the end of the conversation he said they sold out within 15 minutes. I guess it was more like 6 minutes?

The order is still "Pending" in Google Wallet and has a status of "Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012" in Google Play.

GG google.

BTW I'm in Toronto, ON Canada.

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 16GB Nexus 4 With bumper at 11:34am EST on Nov 13th. Still waiting for an email telling me its either shipped or back ordered. Fingers crossed.

socaltyger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
From a retailer to consumer relationship point of view, I have absolutely no idea what the status of my Nexus 4 is. Queue the "Dance of Joy" music! Yay!?

FYI: Portland, OR ordered 2 N4 16gb + 1 bumper. November 13, 2012 8:35:15 AM UTC-8

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just received the backorder email... Is anyone else considering just going to tmobile to get the phone? If I could find one in a store I can almost justify the extra money (albeit difficult) just to not have to deal with this hassel and get it the same day. I no longer have a phone to use seeing how I sold my GS2 when I received the order confirmation email on tuesday. So waiting "up to 3weeks" isn't exactly an option for me. I am amazed by the lack of preparation/customer service. The way you beat a competitor is to learn from their mistakes, I guess I expected more from google and their ability to learn from apples mistakes during their launches and their lack of stock at hand.

Order Date: 11/13/12 2:25pm EST

You sold your phone before you had the new one in hand, and that's Google's fault?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly shocked at how bad this launch has gone. It's a logistical nightmare. I thought the Nexus 7 release was bad, but this is much worse.

- Google advertises the phone/tablet will be available for purchase on Nov 13, but don't specify what time/timezone
- Completely unannounced (not even notifying those who wanted an email notification) they release the products on the Play Store at a seemingly random time (11:20am on the East coast of Australia)
- Stock runs out (presumably) in 20 minutes of going live so the purchasing is taken off the Play Store and replaced with a "COMING SOON" sign
- Absolutely no communication from Google regarding why you can't purchase the products, or when they'll be back up
- Some customers who did manage to get an order for the phone are now being sent emails telling them that their phone is now on backorder
- Transport of the phones is sporadic and lacks information (my phone is sitting in Lantau Island, HK, with no expected delivery date), others are expecting their phones today.

I'm just surprised at how bad this launch has been. Doesn't even seem like Google tried to organise it for more than 2 minutes.

Or....

Google announces phone will go on sale on a certain day.
It does.
The internet freaks out and makes all sorts of assumptions that prove incorrect.
Google specifies 3-5 days delivery, on day 2 internet freaks out.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to do the quote. Reply to socaltyger.

That's one minute before my order went through from CO. Mine will be delivered tomorrow.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Or....

It does.
The internet freaks out and makes all sorts of assumptions that prove incorrect.

I bet like 99% of excited internet buyers just want clear communication about that status of their amazing exciting expensive s*** they just bought. The Google PR rep told androidpolice that they would ship the first orders on the 13th. After that disappointment its just gotten scarier...

Someone at Google just needs to tell us what happened and what to expect. Now that they didn't ship on the 13th, or the 14th, and half the people are backordered facing up to 3 weeks.... No one knows what to expect. Easy to change attitudes with some honest communication.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The 3-5 day delivery is not a delivery time. It includes processing and shipping. The intertubes did come up with a lot of maybe's regarding the time the phone would go on sale. However, folk are mad because instead of only allowing orders to be placed for the available inventory they took orders and then said sorry, we can't fill these. People like to know what they are getting into. It's called a choice. Many who ordered may have ordered even if it said back ordered but there are those who would not have.

Or....

It does.

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
What time did you get your order in? I placed mine at 10:34 CST in US. My order status is still pending...
I have the same status. I just called and spoke to a representative "Josh" I was just fed a line of BS that said all orders are back ordered at this point and I should expect to see the device some time in the next 3 weeks. WOW!

diggdugg

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 16GB Nexus 4 With bumper at 11:34am EST on Nov 13th. Still waiting for an email telling me its either shipped or back ordered. Fingers crossed.

Ordered mine the exact same time 10:34am CST on Nov 13th. I haven't heard crap yet...just to expect the shipments to go out today. I didn't receive an email receipt or anything. I've been without a smartphone for 2 weeks now...fingers crossed. I'll go bananas if I get a back order email!

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same status. I just called and spoke to a representative "Josh" I was just fed a line of BS that said all orders are back ordered at this point and I should expect to see the device some time in the next 3 weeks. WOW!

I wouldn't trust that, never trust a phone call, ever :)

I think the only purpose calling about status has is to give Google an idea of the general level of anxiety / frustration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38