New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

liltrixxy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just to add another voice to the masses -

My order went through at Nov 13, 2012 8:44:19 AM PST
I'm in central time zone area and as of right now my Google Play status still says Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012 and in my wallet the order says pending.
I did get an original confirmation email and I did not ever get a back order email or tracking email.
Curiosity got the best of me so I called and I spoke to a GP CSR about 5 minutes ago. He stated what a lot of others in the same boat as myself have heard. He said the order should not be on back order and that UPS system is behind on sending out tracking emails and that if I don't get a tracking email by mid-day tomorrow to please reply to his follow up email so that he can further investigate the issue. Lip service? Perhaps - but figured I would add to the community pool of nexus 4 wackiness.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Still no mychoice e-mail, no backorder e-mail, no shipping confirmation, 11/15 date, and pending status. Makes ZERO sense.
I'm in the exact same situation. I wasn't worried at all before because my order was at 11:35 EST. and there's people who ordered almost 20 min after me getting theirs tomorrow. But iv heard nothing. I'd be fine with a back order at least id know something.

b2k1121

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Still haven't heard if anyone who made multiple orders received more than one backorder email. Another thing that doesn't make sense, the backorder email wasn't tied to an order # so I have no way of knowing if the email was for both of the orders or one of them. I'll assume it was both since I haven't received any tracking info and I have a UPS My Choice account already.

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just about 2am EST here. All is quiet in the inbox and spam box, no status change on the play store or Wallet account... I'm giving up for tonight. Hopefully I'll awaken to a pleasant surprise.

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Worst buying experience of my life. FML. And to think they originally announced they would ship out same day on 11/13, I thought I'd have it by today, 11/15. Now I'll be happy if i get one EVER. What a joke.

xcommando

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to thank whoever suggested UPS My Choice sign up. I ordered my phone at 8:36:09 AM PST and hadn't had any further communication after that and throughout all day yesterday/today. Its now Firday morning and about an hour after signing up I just received an email stating a package is on the way and should be here Friday afternoon. I'm just praying the order is correct ~_~

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to thank whoever suggested UPS My Choice sign up. I ordered my phone at 8:36:09 AM PST and hadn't had any further communication after that and throughout all day yesterday/today. Its now Firday morning and about an hour after signing up I just received an email stating a package is on the way and should be here Friday afternoon. I'm just praying the order is correct ~_~
What does your Google Play show? Google Wallet? Did you receive a back-order e-mail? I assume no shipping e-mail? Also what's ship location and what state are you in? Thanks! :-*

xcommando

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What does your Google Play show? Google Wallet? Did you receive a back-order e-mail? I assume no shipping e-mail? Also what's ship location and what state are you in? Thanks! :-*
Google play order remains unchanged, wallet shows no change, card hasn't been charged yet, and never got a back-order nor a shipping email. I'm in Illinois. The tracking hasn't updated aside from a label being created on the UPS site but it does say the estimated arrival is Monday while the email I received says Friday. So we'll have to see... The reason I'm worried is this...
4smofq.jpg

Though I called and was told the second bumper was just a placeholder since the phone was apparently out of stock. I'd be pissed as all hell if Google sent me two bumpers and no phone. Considering everything that's happened thus far >_>

liltrixxy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I first ordered, my GP looked exactly like this - with two bumpers - one with a shipping date and one listed as a pre-order but within a short time it updated to show the phone and the bumper (what I actually ordered) separately and each with matching shipping dates. What a mess. ~_^

Baronvshush

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
UPS My Choice should not be relied on solely for those signed up. I'm signed up, completed the background check and everything yet a package coming UPS Ground from Amazon, in transit due to be delivered on Tuesday, still isn't showing up via UPS My Choice! It's been in the UPS system since Tuesday!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/16/anaqe9uq.jpg
I have the tracking number and everything yet UPS My Choice doesn't see it and alert me so don't think that system is foolproof either.

I'm new to MyChoice (signed up yesterday based on the suggestion here), so I may be wrong here, but they only list the following 4 possible alerts:
  • Day Before Delivery Reminder
  • Morning of Delivery Alert
  • Confirmation of Delivery
  • Delivered to UPS Retail Location Alert
So presumably that means you never get a MyChoice alert until the day before delivery. Since your Amazon package isn't scheduled for delivery until Tuesday, you shouldn't get any alert about it until Monday. It's too bad they don't appear to have an alert for when a package first enters the system.

As I said, I signed up yesterday, and got an alert today. It was for an Amazon package that's due for delivery tomorrow (NOT my Nexus 4 order which is in limbo like yours).

xcommando

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When I first ordered, my GP looked exactly like this - with two bumpers - one with a shipping date and one listed as a pre-order but within a short time it updated to show the phone and the bumper (what I actually ordered) separately and each with matching shipping dates. What a mess. ~_^
Haah, well mine hasn't changed! You're lucky at least it sets your mind at ease @_@

smithy1983uk

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
well for me now 6 hours after gettiing the email saying my nexus had been shipped looking at the tnt shipping website my nexus is out for delivery and should be here between the hours of 09:00 - 18:00

lucky i have the day off :)

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My Wallet status still says Pending.
Google Play shows shipping estimate of the 15th (it's going to be the 16th in a few mins...)
I have received no email, whether it be a Backorder notification or a shipping update.

I tried signing up for MyChoice last night but it's asking me about my aunts and their birthdays... Dafuq!

I'm really hoping I get my phone tomorrow.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My Wallet status still says Pending.
Google Play shows shipping estimate of the 15th (it's going to be the 16th in a few mins...)
I have received no email, whether it be a Backorder notification or a shipping update.

I tried signing up for MyChoice last night but it's asking me about my aunts and their birthdays... Dafuq!

I'm really hoping I get my phone tomorrow.

Uh, I hope I do as well but I wouldn't count on it.

sidroid

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
With UPS MyChoice, is it possible to reroute the Nexus 4 to another delivery address? I won't be home for a few days starting next week and do not want to cancel the order, so having my friend get the delivery would be great.