New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, here's some bad news. There is no longer a pre authorized charge on my credit card, and I haven't gotten charged yet either. I also received the backorder email a couple of days ago and no tracking info.

Looks like I'm out of luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
There's a form survey up on xda that's got like 1200 responses. I made a graph on Friday.
Looks like you were more likely to get tracking the earlier you ordered for sure, more so for the 16gb. Guessing there was a big shift of orders from 16 to 8 when it got harder to get them 10 mins into the sale.

I ordered 2 separately (glitch) one at 16:33:23 and 16:33:47. The second one, 16:33:47, got tracking yesterday for delivery on Monday. Still limbo on my first order. I suspect I could have been delayed because they thought it was a glitch and gave me time to cancel. I got an email letting me know I had multiples and had 24 hrs to cancel if needed.
y9tRm.png

diggdugg

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke to a CSR after being on hold for 30 minutes. Sean said that my order is still Active, meaning it has been sent to the shipping department for processing...unfortunately the shipping dept does not work weekends so no orders will be processed until Monday, but the phone should be delivered by Friday of next week and he's requesting that my two day shipping charge be refunded so YAY for that that :confused:

Enough with this BS...time to enjoy my weekend

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that the charge isn't on my credit card anymore. I guess I'm going to get a backorder email. Screw you Google!

If you read through the thread, the charge is removed by your bank b.c a hold can only last a few days. They haven't shipped it yet, so they cant charged you, and your bank will not let them keep a hold that long.

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Money is back in my bank... My question is? The order still in process even there's no charge anymore? Are they going to charge again when they start with the backorders? I guess that's it for me... Good Luck everybody!

PS: wonder who's going to be the last one here on waiting?

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that the charge isn't on my credit card anymore. I guess I'm going to get a backorder email. Screw you Google!
maybe not some in this thread have said that the temp charge maybe auto removed by the cc company after a couple days but does't mean it won't go through

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
How did they conclude that? Was your date changed to "Nov. 17" in your Play Store today?

i can't believe anyone is buying what the CSR are telling them. After all the people that post on here the conflicting answers they got just minutes apart from different CSR. If what they say does come to be true its by pure dumb luck and nothing else.

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
i can't believe anyone is buying what the CSR are telling them. After all the people that post on here the conflicting answers they got just minutes apart from different CSR. If what they say does come to be true its by pure dumb luck and nothing else.
Agreed, which is why I was questioning it.

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke to a CSR after being on hold for 30 minutes. Sean said that my order is still Active, meaning it has been sent to the shipping department for processing...unfortunately the shipping dept does not work weekends so no orders will be processed until Monday, but the phone should be delivered by Friday of next week and he's requesting that my two day shipping charge be refunded so YAY for that that :confused:

Did he clear his throat a lot and say sorry every time? I cause this is exactly what a Sean had told me. Including the shipping charge note

Sent from my EVO 4g LTE

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Google should processing over the weekends. I don't care if executives are doing the work. They also should have paid for Saturday delivery for everyone who already had an order ship. Also, they should pay for overnight shipping for those whose orders ship on Monday.

gizmoguy19

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Called google CSR, and was told that I should expect a shipping confirmation by Monday afternoon at the latest, and a possible delivery by wednesday or friday. If i don't, I should call back and they would look into it further. The rep sounded pretty confident so i hope what he was saying is true.

I, like many on the forums, have not received any email after the initial order confirmation email. I placed my order at 11:32 AM EST in Ottawa for 1x16GB no bumper.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Called google CSR, and was told that I should expect a shipping confirmation by Monday afternoon at the latest, and a possible delivery by wednesday or friday. If i don't, I should call back and they would look into it further. The rep sounded pretty confident so i hope what he was saying is true.

I, like many on the forums, have not received any email after the initial order confirmation email. I placed my order at 11:32 AM EST in Ottawa for 1x16GB no bumper.

Is your play store at the 17th now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38