Did your remove the IMEI sticker from the back?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I took it off. I remember seeing it in the reviews. I think one of the reviewers mentioned that it was just a sticker. It came off pretty easy , like it was meant to come off. the phone sure looks better without it.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Took mine off before even booting it up. As several others have done, however, I attached it to the device box.

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I took it off then put it back in case any issues came up that required me to return phone. Since I use a case it doesn't bother me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Put it in the box. Just the type of sticker it is is meant to be removed.

Posted via Android Central App

ajamer

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
anyone here with a black Nexus 5 who has removed the sticker off the back, notice a different tone black underneath it that wont go away? tried water no luck, its not residue, just a lighter tone as if the sticker was on it for a long time and it was in the sun...

kind of annoying

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
anyone here with a black Nexus 5 who has removed the sticker off the back, notice a different tone black underneath it that wont go away? tried water no luck, its not residue, just a lighter tone as if the sticker was on it for a long time and it was in the sun...

kind of annoying

No, haven't noticed that at all; I've bounced light around the area and not seeing any discolouration or difference in tone.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

kind of annoying

Yes, definitely. Hoping it fades with time...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dr3wFr4nk

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

kind of annoying

Yes! I had this problem too. Tried rubbing it off with my finger, that didn't work.

What worked for me was wiping it with a cotton shirt. There is no more evidence of the residue from the sticker.

Also a note about getting the IMEI. You can find the IMEI on the underside of the SIM card tray. So if you are in a bind and don't have the sticker anymore and don't have the box the phone came in you can still get the IMEI.

Sharky19

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Removed mine as soon as my phone arrived last Friday. I got the White version and it came off nice and clean. I put the sticker on the box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez