Keyboard issues with bbm

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I'm new to the nexus 5 and have been trying out some of the third party keyboards. They have all been great but I've been having an issue which as of now I'm only seeing with bbm. Basically I'll be swiping using Swype or the stock keyboard and only some of the words will appear in the message box. It's detecting what I'm swiping but not Entering it in screen. When I use swift key though it works fine.

Anyone else seen this issue?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus user (not the N5) but I have a somewhat similar experience.

I find the stock keyboard better for BBM, but SwiftKey will lag sometimes. so will stock keyboard, not as often though Kii Keyboard seems to have the least issues in BBM. However I think the problem isn't so much with the keyboard as with the BBM app itself on my Gnex, because chats or messages will get "stuck" and not come through, and then suddenly I'll get a flood of 5-15 (or more) messages all at once. Good thing I only use it for group chats, and don't rely on it for one-to-one communication!

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm this is a strange one then. Thanks for mentioning Kii anyway, I'd never heard of it before and was on the lookout for a good keyboard. Started to use kii and its almost perfect! Still see the issue mentioned in my post though and see to have identified when it happens. It happens when I don't use the space bar after a word when using the swipe method for input. If I keep swiping after each word it will put a space and ignore the word I typed and then I have to type it again. If I put a space in myself then this issue never happens.. hope I've explained this properly and you understand what I mean

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress