knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Are you like me, received an notice from Amazon that your order has shipped, but when you track it on usps website there has been no update for the package for several days until the last 3 days of the expected arrival date? This what happened to be on the 5th and today is the 8th and its still not shipping, expected arrival is on the 12th. Can't understand what the hold up for the longest shipping time ever (fyi paid 4.95 shping, not super saver).

edit update: my order finally handled over to usps this afternoon on the 9th. Will deliver on the 12th. Order placed on the 1st, need wait till the 12th to receive. Very poor/slow service.
I ordered mine last Saturday directly from their site. No updates, nothing for something that state's shipping in 2-3 days on Amazon. Think I'm going to cancel.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
I'm not sure what the deal is with their shipments but I still haven't received my i-Blason either. I ordered the #@$% thing on 8/5. Here is the 13th already and the "tracking" information still says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". Very poor/slow service indeed. At this rate I'll probably get the back-ordered MoKo first...LOL.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the deal is with their shipments but I still haven't received my i-Blason either. I ordered the #@$% thing on 8/5. Here is the 13th already and the "tracking" information still says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". Very poor/slow service indeed. At this rate I'll probably get the back-ordered MoKo first...LOL.

Looking at the product page on Amazon, it currently says "In stock on August 15, 2013." If it had simply stated 'In stock" at the time you placed your order, you have the right to be upset. But if at the time of your order it had indicated a later date of availability and you had pre-ordered it, advance notice of intent to ship does not provide good reason to be distressed over 'poor/slow service.' What you may be having is a misunderstanding of the fulfillment process, wherein Amazon has notified the shipper of intent to ship. That status will not update until the product actually moves from Amazon's inventory (which they have not anticipated receiving in time to make available for shipment before the indicated date) into the carrier service's hands.

knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the product page on Amazon, it currently says "In stock on August 15, 2013." If it had simply stated 'In stock" at the time you placed your order, you have the right to be upset. But if at the time of your order it had indicated a later date of availability and you had pre-ordered it, advance notice of intent to ship does not provide good reason to be distressed over 'poor/slow service.' What you may be having is a misunderstanding of the fulfillment process, wherein Amazon has notified the shipper of intent to ship. That status will not update until the product actually moves from Amazon's inventory (which they have not anticipated receiving in time to make available for shipment before the indicated date) into the carrier service's hands.
I fully understand what you are saying as I am a frequent Amazon shopper. The whole reason I bought the i-Blason was to have something temporary until the MoKo became available to ship. So yes, when I purchased, the i-Blason was indicated as being "In Stock". I find it interesting that it is now no longer in stock until the 15th.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I fully understand what you are saying as I am a frequent Amazon shopper. The whole reason I bought the i-Blason was to have something temporary until the MoKo became available to ship. So yes, when I purchased, the i-Blason was indicated as being "In Stock". I find it interesting that it is now no longer in stock until the 15th.

If it was indicated "In Stock" at time of purchase, you might want to contact Amazon Customer Service. There's not likely anything they can do to get you the case any sooner, but they should be able to cancel the order for you if you no longer want it, or might offer you some sort of consideration for the 'dropped ball'

horseflesh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I got my orange i-Blason from Amazon yesterday. Mini-review:

- The orange color is hideous. It isn't as bright as it looks in the photos. There's a bit of a brown tint. It looks like a dirty pumpkin.
- As far as fit and build quality it seems to be as good as the Moko case on my 1st gen Nexus 7.
- The hinge is much stiffer than the Moko I have. It may loosen up in time, but right now the cover can't be opened flush to the back of the case. This changes the angle of the device when you hold it with the hand strap. It's not a big deal though.
- Close-to-sleep works fine
- The included pen/stylus feels cheaper-than-cheap. I kind of like having a stylus but I don't like the way it dangles off the case and so I will probably remove it.

Overall, not bad. If the hinge loosens up I'd be entirely happy with it... other then the color. I've made a huge mistake there.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

They only mail it out on the last 3 days of your expected arrival date from Amazon invoice. ;)

Btw, I knew they would upped the price later. Learned the hard way when I bought the case for my ipad mini (charged me $8 shipping).

Also, glad placed an order for the Moko case, now that the price has doubled.

Last edited:

zenelia

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
hi guys well I have also ordered a leather portfolio case for my N7(2013) from Fommy , the shipping was free and the price was even also pocket friendly but they will ship it by August 26 so waiting for it to be delivered and will post the review of it
If you guys can suggest me a nice bluetooth keyboard for my N7 then that will be very grateful

Thanks !!!

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought this one too.(Iblason slimcase) And yes it really has an odor to it but it does go away eventually. I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. Seems to sometimes not want to wake the device if I've not been using it for a long time. Its also very rigid and unyielding that I expect to lessen with use. I dont really use the case except to store the N7 FHD. I actually use it more without a case because its just so thin and compact and easy to use without one. The case is more for storage and protection when I'm not using it. I actually prefer the cases that do not cover the bezels of the device.

Last edited:

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought this one too.(Iblason slimcase) And yes it really has an odor to it but it does go away eventually. I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. Seems to sometimes not want to wake the device if I've not been using it for a long time. Its also very rigid and unyielding that I expect to lessen with use. I dont really use the case except to store the N7 FHD. I actually use it more without a case because its just so thin and compact and easy to use without one. The case is more for storage and protection when I'm not using it. I actually prefer the cases that do not cover the bezels of the device.
I also have this problem. I thought it was only me because I have not removed the plastic wrapper on the device. The sleep/wake works fine most of the time if you kept using the device. but after leaving it alone for a while or overnight it would kind of stop. Sometimes not working until you press the power on the device to resume it. Other times you had to wait. This is my experience with it.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget that the new N7 has speakers both top and bottom of the tablet. I noticed some of the cases only expose the bottom.

For those who have their cases with holes on both ends for the speakers, how much is the sound muffled? I've been looking at cases like the MoKo which has "sound holes" but they seem so small.

Amazon.com: MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case for Google Nexus 2 7.0 Inch 2013 Generation Android 4.3 Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature): Computers & Accessories

clew63215

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For those who have their cases with holes on both ends for the speakers, how much is the sound muffled? I've been looking at cases like the MoKo which has "sound holes" but they seem so small.

Amazon.com: MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case for Google Nexus 2 7.0 Inch 2013 Generation Android 4.3 Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature): Computers & Accessories

I bought the case you are referring to, I have not had a chance to test it with the sound yet because I also bought the other version that they had, see link below

Amazon.com : MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 2 7.0 Inch 2013 Generation Android 4.3 Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature) : Electronics

The one in the link pretty much fully exposes both sets of speakers. In addition it is a much more slim and thin case on the tablet and also it doesn't use the hooks to hold it in place so it just has a much cleaner look to it. Plus, when I purchased it off amazon the case in the link was only 0.99 plus shipping(only for the black version), which was a great deal. I got both moko cases for less than ten bucks total after shipping! I think the prices have gone up since then though.

To give my thoughts on the two after using both, for anyone deciding between them, the ultra slim moko provides excellent protection to the whole tablet except the part that covers the screen is pretty thin. Also the part that covers the screen doesn't lay completely flat to the screen, almost like its a little too wide. But it still covers it well and I just prefer its slim feel better.

The slim fit multi angle is also really nice, the only issue with that one is that it seems a little loose on the screen covering section. It actually fixed a problem that I had with the version for my old Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, which was that when you fold it behind it didn't completely fold back. The one for the new N7 does fold all the way back, which is much less awkward when holding it, however since it does fold all the way back it is just a tad loose. It's a trade off I prefer.

If I get a chance I'll put it in the slim fit and see if the sound is muffled at all, but I'd recommend the Ultra Slim fit if you're at all worried about it.

johnnylighton

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys think about the new Duzign Imperial Case? It looks pretty good, and one of the best cases that I found in here: New Nexus 7 2013 Cases and Sleeves The reviews on amazon are good as well. anybody can confirm that it is worth the 20$?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81CODVLwPsL._SL1500_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81X8PH-pHPL._SL1500_.jpg

I ordered this one from Amazon based on your having posted about it. So thanks, smileycon!

It should be here on Monday (could possibly come tomorrow) and I will give a report on it! It appears to have a plastic cover with holes that covers the length of each speaker. If that muffles the sound too much and I otherwise like the case, I might do some surgery on it with my Dremel tool. It will be my first time using the Dremel, so hopefully I won't destroy it. ;)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Really? I bought a Poetic based off suggestions from this forum and it was a horrid case in every way. Ugly, left marks on the screen, and literally fell apart after a few months. I barely used it, in fact I kept my old N7 naked most of the time, only putting on the case when travelling with it. Frayed edges, parts cracking off. Awful awful case.

Did you contact them about it? They've updated the design several times, and generally have been great about replacing problem cases.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

I sent a cancel request via Google Wallet after posting. I received a shipping notice yesterday. Hope it doesn't take forever to arrive.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

scott8

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I have the IBlason case that has holes and it sounds fine to to me.

gfsockmonkey

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I recv'd this one last week from Aamzon. (Poetic StrapBack)
There is the typical magnet problem where you fold the cover back and it get put to sleep.
You would think, after making them for the 1st gens (with the same problem), you would have prevented this.

I am waiting to hear from customer support...

Overall, the case it pretty tight on the nexus...almost feels too tight. At the hinge as you fold the cover over the top it feels like it is squeezing the edge too much (maybe in time it will stretch out)

71tXq42pWtL._SL1238_.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non