Trade-in program / shipping envelope

May 3, 2015
Visit site
There's a 3rd party that Google is actually contracted with to acquire the devices - at least the non-Google ones. If they're picking up the Pixels as well, I suspect the value being given on those trade-ins is being partially subsidized by Google to maintain the appearance that the residual value is higher, or to encourage direct upgrades, as no 3rd party would give more for a Pixel XL than an iPhone 7+...

I think it's being subsidized to encourage annual upgrades. My XL still runs beautifully. I'm mainly upgrading because after the $410 trade in it's only $449. That's actually about the same as selling it on eBay next year... So totally worth it.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Did anybody sent their trade in phone and receive any confirmation? My trade in was delivered yesterday and I didn't receive any confirmation email that they received it.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
K. So what's the overall scoop?

I received my trade-in envelop today, but will not use it until I take delivery in about 10 days, and then I have to actually decide to keep it. :)

Did you folks just use the envelop or did you decide to use a larger box and the label provided?

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
K. So what's the overall scoop?

I received my trade-in envelop today, but will not use it until I take delivery in about 10 days, and then I have to actually decide to keep it. :)

Did you folks just use the envelop or did you decide to use a larger box and the label provided?
I used USPS padded envelope and use some cushion to protect the phone. I sent my phone about a week u think and i received confirmation today for credit.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
If you have financing set up, the funds automatically go against that total to reduce your amount owed, right??

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If you have financing set up, the funds automatically go against that total to reduce your amount owed, right??

I haven't looked into it to verify it myself, but in another thread someone had posted that it was credited against the financing, but applied at the back end - so your monthly payments are the same as if you didn't get the credit, and are due beginning with month one - so in effect you just end up finishing off paying for it earlier (which would work out very cleverly for them for those of us getting sufficient credit to where we'll be almost fully paid off right about the time next year's Pixels are released).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hmm, mine was shipped on Oct. 9, haven't received it..

You might have thought it was junk mail - just a plain'ish 5" x 7" white paper envelope that is less than 1/4" thick.

When I first saw mine, it never occurred to me - Oh! My Trade-In kit has arrived! - I thought it was just advertising matter.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
You might have thought it was junk mail - just a plain'ish 5" x 7" white paper envelope that is less than 1/4" thick.

When I first saw mine, it never occurred to me - Oh! My Trade-In kit has arrived! - I thought it was just advertising matter.

This.

For me, the only reason it didn't go directly into the recycling bin was the GOOGLE logo on envelop.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't looked into it to verify it myself, but in another thread someone had posted that it was credited against the financing, but applied at the back end - so your monthly payments are the same as if you didn't get the credit, and are due beginning with month one - so in effect you just end up finishing off paying for it earlier (which would work out very cleverly for them for those of us getting sufficient credit to where we'll be almost fully paid off right about the time next year's Pixels are released).

Yes - thanks for the reminder. I recall asking this question already and getting that answer. I forgot! My bad.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget to put the RMA in the box.

There is no RMA provided to enclose. The only materials included in the Trade-In packet are a (ridiculously thin) padded envelope, Priority Mail return label, and Trade-In Instructions card. The mailing label has the Item #, Invoice #, and Trade Date for identification purposes on their end.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
There is no RMA provided to enclose. The only materials included in the Trade-In packet are a (ridiculously thin) padded envelope, Priority Mail return label, and Trade-In Instructions card. The mailing label has the Item #, Invoice #, and Trade Date for identification purposes on their end.

Sorry....I got confused with the Trade-In Kit and the email they sent when I wanted to return the Belroy Leather case I had gotten for the 2XL.