I've decided on Pixel 2 for my next phone.
    I like the idea of an unlocked phone, making it easy to switch providers and not have bloatware. However, I will probably stay with Verizon as they have best coverage in my rural area. I have two questions.

If I purchase Pixel 2 Unlocked, will Verizon charge me for SIM?

If I get the Verizon version, direct from Google Store, will it come with Verizon bloatware?

Thank you!
    06-14-2018 08:43 AM
    All Pixels, regardless of version, install the Verizon apps when they are booted the first time with a Verizon SIM. The only difference is that the "Verizon" version has the bootloader set as unable to be unlocked.
    06-14-2018 09:00 AM
    I've decided on Pixel 2 for my next phone.
    I like the idea of an unlocked phone, making it easy to switch providers and not have bloatware. However, I will probably stay with Verizon as they have best coverage in my rural area. I have two questions.

If I purchase Pixel 2 Unlocked, will Verizon charge me for SIM?

If I get the Verizon version, direct from Google Store, will it come with Verizon bloatware?

Thank you!
    You can just pop your old Verizon SIM into your new pixel 2. No need for a new one.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-14-2018 09:05 AM
    As mentioned above you can just move your current SIM into the Pixel 2 as long as it's the same size SIM, and it will be unless your current phone is several years old.

If you happen to need a SIM go to corporate Verizon, they provide them free still to my knowledge(I got one a couple months ago), locally owned Verizon's can provide them too but usually charge $10.
    ClintRo likes this.
    06-14-2018 09:16 AM
    Thanks so much for the quick replies. I will get the "unlocked" version then.
    06-14-2018 09:25 AM
    I have an unlocked Google Pixel 2 on Verizon and have NO Verizon bloatware Whatsoever.
    06-14-2018 10:10 AM
    Google phones are all carrier unlocked. Verizon purchased phones are bootloader locked, not carrier locked. Whether you buy from Google or Verizon it will work on all carriers.
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    06-14-2018 11:06 AM
    Good to know the facts. It was a tough decision between Samsung & Google. Both good phones, but the lack of bloat sent me to Google. (3 cheers).
    Bought it online, direct from Google. The online 0% financing was lightning fast & painless.
    I ordered a case, screen protector & Bluetooth ear buds from the "Brazilian River Company" It all should arrive in a week.
    06-16-2018 07:30 AM
    Good to know the facts. It was a tough decision between Samsung & Google. Both good phones, but the lack of bloat sent me to Google. (3 cheers).
    Bought it online, direct from Google. The online 0% financing was lightning fast & painless.
    I ordered a case, screen protector & Bluetooth ear buds from the "Brazilian River Company" It all should arrive in a week.
    Great choice and congratulations
    06-16-2018 11:42 AM
    I just purchased a Pixel 2 XL straight from the Verizon store yesterday and there was zero bloatware on it. And Verizon doesn't charge you for a SIM if you're already a customer.
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    06-16-2018 12:42 PM
    Question: if I get an unlocked Pixel from Google, will wifi calling work on Verizon?
    06-16-2018 05:06 PM
    Question: if I get an unlocked Pixel from Google, will wifi calling work on Verizon?
    Yes
    06-16-2018 05:19 PM
    Yes... After you enable it
    06-16-2018 07:06 PM