If I purchase Pixel 2 Unlocked, will Verizon charge me for SIM?

MAD777

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
I've decided on Pixel 2 for my next phone.
I like the idea of an unlocked phone, making it easy to switch providers and not have bloatware. However, I will probably stay with Verizon as they have best coverage in my rural area. I have two questions.

If I get the Verizon version, direct from Google Store, will it come with Verizon bloatware?

Thank you!

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
All Pixels, regardless of version, install the Verizon apps when they are booted the first time with a Verizon SIM. The only difference is that the "Verizon" version has the bootloader set as unable to be unlocked.

min_dynasty

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I've decided on Pixel 2 for my next phone.
I like the idea of an unlocked phone, making it easy to switch providers and not have bloatware. However, I will probably stay with Verizon as they have best coverage in my rural area. I have two questions.

If I get the Verizon version, direct from Google Store, will it come with Verizon bloatware?

Thank you!

You can just pop your old Verizon SIM into your new pixel 2. No need for a new one.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned above you can just move your current SIM into the Pixel 2 as long as it's the same size SIM, and it will be unless your current phone is several years old.

If you happen to need a SIM go to corporate Verizon, they provide them free still to my knowledge(I got one a couple months ago), locally owned Verizon's can provide them too but usually charge $10.

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Google phones are all carrier unlocked. Verizon purchased phones are bootloader locked, not carrier locked. Whether you buy from Google or Verizon it will work on all carriers.

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Good to know the facts. It was a tough decision between Samsung & Google. Both good phones, but the lack of bloat sent me to Google. (3 cheers).
Bought it online, direct from Google. The online 0% financing was lightning fast & painless.
I ordered a case, screen protector & Bluetooth ear buds from the "Brazilian River Company" ;) It all should arrive in a week.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Good to know the facts. It was a tough decision between Samsung & Google. Both good phones, but the lack of bloat sent me to Google. (3 cheers).
Bought it online, direct from Google. The online 0% financing was lightning fast & painless.
I ordered a case, screen protector & Bluetooth ear buds from the "Brazilian River Company" ;) It all should arrive in a week.
Great choice and congratulations

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I just purchased a Pixel 2 XL straight from the Verizon store yesterday and there was zero bloatware on it. And Verizon doesn't charge you for a SIM if you're already a customer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non