Anyone get the updated Android Messages App with Web support?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
The post just happens to be in the Pixel section, but this new funcyapplies to any phone that has Android Messages installed. Which is a lot of phones & users.

SemiAnonymous

Jun 21, 2018
Visit site
Got 3.3.043 a few days back and 3.3.044 just now. Nothing yet.

I used PushBullet before... too many other features when all I wanted was SMS from my computer.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Got 3.3.043 a few days back and 3.3.044 just now. Nothing yet.

I used PushBullet before... too many other features when all I wanted was SMS from my computer.
You don't have the new Message On Web option in version 3.3.044? My wife's phone received that app version last night and now has that option in the app menu.

deantobias

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Got it. Looks alright, a bit delay in updating, but otherwise fine. If it works as I hope, it might replace Pulse on my phone.

Yeah, me too. I am still waiting for the Android Messages for Web option to appear in the app on my phone. I think that it is not supported because my phone doesnt support RCS? I am on AT&T.

Right now, Pulse is the best SMS app so far because it would work anywhere in the Web, phone/tablet/Chrome OS, and, yes, desktop apps on Mac or Windows. I hope one day that Android Messages will have a desktop app soon. I would prefer that over the web.

TechFan2002

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
I got it Tuesday, I am surprised it came that early for me, and that not very many people had it. I thought when I got it, it was a much bigger server update.

Anyways, I like what they've done. I just have a few problems:

I wish I could, like Pulse, sign in and use multiple devices at a time.

I'd like to have an always running Windows app.

Sometimes the connection with my phone can be a little finicky.

Also, I would like to be able to search, just like in the Android app.

One thing I try to keep in mine though as I compare it to Pulse: I'm not paying a penny for Android Messages, but Pulse costs $3 every 3 months. So Android messages is, of course, going to be slightly worse.

Anyways, sorry for the long reply.

Keep on talking.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Just downloaded the latest version from apkmirror.com and I have messages for web.

6eb6e9b1d7786c0f176e896305ecb504.jpg
04173f56e64317cebacd3211f679d68d.jpg

deantobias

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I spoke too soon. I am able to access to Android Messages on the web now. Yay! I will use that for a few days and see how it goes... if it works well, I may not need Pulse any more. See, see.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I saw a popup on Messages on my phone to try On the Web out. I didn't click yet but it's here.

I saw this message on my S8+ (Tmobile Oreo).

My V20 (Tmobile Nougat) does not show this yet

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I tried one from APK Mirror yesterday and it did not have the new features. There are so many choices for Android Messages on APK Mirror, it can be difficult sometimes to make sure you get the right one for your phone.

MGaston

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Not even sure why this is such a big deal: I've been processing texts from my computer for a very long time with Google Voice. ?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Does it have the option for individual text tones for people. It gotten taken away on Samsung stock messaging when Oreo came out. I lost it on my Note 8 and I went to Textra and now I got the 9 plus and just haven't set up Textra yet. I like the stock cause it matches my themes but I need individual tones so I know who's texting me.

Got it. Looks alright, a bit delay in updating, but otherwise fine. If it works as I hope, it might replace Pulse on my phone.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My update that adds the menu item "Messages for Web" came through yesterday. I scanned the QR code on my computer as directed and what I see on my phone is now displayed on my Windows 10 computer screen. It works beautifully.

But for me there's a major drawback for ever using it. I've become very used to the highly accurate and extremely useful Android voice-to-text. I use it on everything with my Pixel 2 XL and I seldom ever actually type anything. So even though I can now text with my PC, I'll seldom if ever actually use it.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Got the option yesterday. The desktop kept disconnecting from my phone. Messages app updated last night and today it was very stable

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My messages app updated yesterday and I still don't have web option but hopefully, it will be stable when I get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez