Am I the only person left who turns their phone off at night?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Horses for courses I guess. The beauty is having the choice.
Mine stays on, silent mode on charger. Only notifications I ever allow is messages and calls. Anything else, I check when I want to know

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Always On , DND turned on while sleeping ( just a few people can contact me) , also an alarm clock

OrangeSpice

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I never turn it off - use it as an alarm and in-case of any emergency calls. I also leave the WiFi running in case I want to check emails in bed. Battery drain just not an issue at all with my Sony XA2

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If you have it on DND, doesn't that mean you won't get even emergency calls?

I got emergency alerts turned off.

What kind of emergency is gonna happen that you need to call and wake me up.
I can wait till tomorrow to find out.
If you have a emergency.
Dial 911.

Don't call me..there is nothing I can do.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I only lose a few percent of my battery while sleeping so it definitely doesn't get used 1/3 less by leaving my phone on over night.

Phoned always on silent so it certainly doesn't disturb my sleep, it's on 24/7 with a reboot about once a week.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I used to turn off my Nexus 5 at night and put it on my wireless charger downstairs but after my LG G6, which would turn it right back on as soon as it hit the charger, I gave up. I now restart the phone just before I go to bed every night and it sits on a charger in the living room. I use do not disturb to avoid unnecessary interruptions.

I think every phone should get rebooted daily to clear it's head.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I used to turn off my Nexus 5 at night and put it on my wireless charger downstairs but after my LG G6, which would turn it right back on as soon as it hit the charger, I gave up. I now restart the phone just before I go to bed every night and it sits on a charger in the living room. I use do not disturb to avoid unnecessary interruptions.

I think every phone should get rebooted daily to clear it's head.
Couldn't agree more. I check notifications in the morning then restart. Everyday.