First Pixel or Nexus I did not pre order

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I think that really says it all. I purchased the S10 plus this year and the Pixel 4 XL does not do enough to make me want to put this phone down.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
While I still have my Pixel 2 XL ( panda) Which is still working great.
I'm also enjoying my Pixel 4 XL (panda) .It arrived Oct 23rd.
So 2 panda's :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think that really says it all. I purchased the S10 plus this year and the Pixel 4 XL does not do enough to make me want to put this phone down.
Realistically we could say that about most recent devices. There is no real need to upgrade every 6 months or even much longer depending on your expectations.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for your altruistic reasons for this post. You are letting us know that a company has not done what you wanted it too. Granted, I am not sure all of what it says. You didn't give any reasons, you have only added something many are saying.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yet ANOTHER I have disdain for Pixel thread..

e0c6006dfc29b695009f2ab362351a7b.gif

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Okay not enough backstory........I had the Pixel 3XL and traded it for an s10 Plus, with the thought that the Samsung would get me more money as a trade in towards the P4. I do not have disdain for the Pixel 4 and was positioning myself to preorder. Overall I think the 4XL is a good phone from what I have read.

I do not think if they had gone ultra wide instead of telephot people would have been happier. Same people would be complaining about the lack of a telephoto that now complain about the ultrawide. I do use my Ultrawide on the S10+ quiet a bit and wish they would have just put all three on the P4. If I buy the P4XL I have already invested in Moment lens and will buy the ultrawide for when I need an uw shot.

Battery is decent I do not think dropping 3-400mah would be too noticeable.

Being what it is and what the S10 offers it was not enough for me to say hey Google sure take my s10 plus for 365 and send me the Pixel 4 XL 128g phone.

Per Mike Dee - you are correct no one has to upgrade after 6 months, there is also nothing wrong with choosing to upgrade :)

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your altruistic reasons for this post. You are letting us know that a company has not done what you wanted it too. Granted, I am not sure all of what it says. You didn't give any reasons, you have only added something many are saying.

I wanted the Pixel 4, Ihave always looked forward to the next Google phone. Heck I brought the Nexus One and it did not even work on VZW when ity launched.

I love Android and was an ambassador on this site until my in-laws got sick and got demoted. I am not lemming. Just sharing my dilemma. Typically by now I would be posting my experience of the P4 just couldn't do it this year.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Per Mike Dee - you are correct no one has to upgrade after 6 months, there is also nothing wrong with choosing to upgrade :)

I never suggested that there is anything wrong with upgrading after 6 months. I've been doing that for the last two years or so.
Just addressing your comments that the
Pixel 4 XL does not do enough to make you put down your S10+.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I never suggested that there is anything wrong with upgrading after 6 months. I've been doing that for the last two years or so.
Just addressing your comments that the
Pixel 4 XL does not do enough to make you put down your S10+.

Fair and my eecpectations were too high :(

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay not enough backstory........I had the Pixel 3XL and traded it for an s10 Plus, with the thought that the Samsung would get me more money as a trade in towards the P4. I do not have disdain for the Pixel 4 and was positioning myself to preorder. Overall I think the 4XL is a good phone from what I have read.

I do not think if they had gone ultra wide instead of telephot people would have been happier. Same people would be complaining about the lack of a telephoto that now complain about the ultrawide. I do use my Ultrawide on the S10+ quiet a bit and wish they would have just put all three on the P4. If I buy the P4XL I have already invested in Moment lens and will buy the ultrawide for when I need an uw shot.

Battery is decent I do not think dropping 3-400mah would be too noticeable.

Being what it is and what the S10 offers it was not enough for me to say hey Google sure take my s10 plus for 365 and send me the Pixel 4 XL 128g phone.

Thanks for clarifying. I actually picked up the Pixel 4 XL because of all the negative reviews and comments. Sounds backwards, but all the complaining just seemed a little too much considering how much I like the previous Pixel phones.

I've only had it a few days so I'll reserve judgement but make a few comments that may be helpful if you're considering it. I will say that so far I am really enjoying it. I got over the big forehead quickly, love the screen quality, camera is as amazing as always, Android 10 is smooth and quick with no hiccupps, and it's just really enjoyable to use. I find myself using the gestures more than I thought. I use them on the alarm in the morning and skipping songs when at the gym or at my desk. Works perfectly every time for me. I have literally had zero issues with gestures. I'm as shocked as anyone.

Couple potential issues or concerns. Video quality is good but not on par with the iPhone or Note. Battery life isn't a huge worry for me since I'm always able to charge, but if I were not in that situation then I might be concerned on a heavy use day. Carry a small battery pack and problem solved though.

Overall it's a great phone. I think the hate is ridiculous, especially from those that never even used the phone.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Am just gutted my soli chip isn't working. Got to take it back to the store for a replacement. All those hours to set it up and got to do it all over again. Lol

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Traded my Pixel 3 xl for Note 10+ pre-order. Very happy with it. I am a big pixel fan, but nothing there with this cycle for me. Passing until Pixel 5 and Note 11. Will re- access then and see who gets my money

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez