Switched to iOS after a few years. Feedback so far

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
After using Google Pixel phones for the least few years (Pixel 4/5/6 and 7) I’ve finally made the switch to iPhone 14 Pro last week.
Every year I buy the iPhone only to return and keep the Pixel mainly due to camera. I always liked Pixel camera for still photos

Even this year I bought the iPhone 14 Pro only to return it. Finally i ended up getting the purple iPhone 14 pro last week again and I think I’ll keep this for now. Camera is almost the same as pixel 7 now

Few observations:

- I love how good the phone looks compared to Pixel
- I thought I’ll miss Google assistant. But I’m able to do all the stuff on Google using shortcuts in iOS including neat and home automation
- battery life is pretty good
- still miss the live score pinning option from Android where it automatically pins the score when my favourite teams play. I don’t have to know when they’re playing
- Siri has improved a lot and I don’t miss hey Google as much as I thought I’d be

Hope to keep this phone for at least one year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying your new phone! Let us know if (or hopefully when) you come back to Pixel.;)

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Not only that, the Google apps on iPhone are better than the Google apps on Android. I've been using iPhones as my main phone for the last several years with the Z Fold 3 to get my Android fix and I don't really miss Android.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not only that, the Google apps on iPhone are better than the Google apps on Android. I've been using iPhones as my main phone for the last several years with the Z Fold 3 to get my Android fix and I don't really miss Android.

I discovered one glaring deficiency of Google apps on iPhone over Thankgiving, though. I was showing some friends how easy it is to scan something into Google Drive as a PDF using the camera, and that feature is oddly not available on iPhones! I use that feature all the time.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I have been leaning toward going back to iPhone for the first time in 5 or 6 years. The main reason is the watch. There are just so many more apps than WearOS. That being said, of course, it's nearly impossible to get the iPhone 14 Pro right now. So just in case, I went ahead and ordered the Pixel 7 last night before the Black Friday deal ended.

Annie_M

Trusted Member
Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I discovered one glaring deficiency of Google apps on iPhone over Thankgiving, though. I was showing some friends how easy it is to scan something into Google Drive as a PDF using the camera, and that feature is oddly not available on iPhones! I use that feature all the time.

You might try using the Notes App for this. Check out this article for details on how to save it to Google Drive. Hopefully it will help!

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been leaning toward going back to iPhone for the first time in 5 or 6 years. The main reason is the watch. There are just so many more apps than WearOS. That being said, of course, it's nearly impossible to get the iPhone 14 Pro right now. So just in case, I went ahead and ordered the Pixel 7 last night before the Black Friday deal ended.

Great phone. I still love it even though I switched to iphone for now. Still think pixel has the best camera for pictures

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Great phone. I still love it even though I switched to iphone for now. Still think pixel has the best camera for pictures

Yeah, it's tough. I prefer the Pixel, but again, WearOS is just so incredibly lacking when you look at all Apple Watch has to offer. We'll see how things play out the next couple weeks in terms of the iPhone pro availability.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Well, I'm now in the same boat as OP. I finally got ahold of the (purple as well) iPhone 14 Pro. We'll see how the next year goes, and maybe I'll be back for the Pixel 8 (but it'll likely take some major changes in WearOS...mostly more apps. It is laughable how far behind it is in comparison to Apple Watch.)

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
This is sad but true. The Google maps widget that shows live traffic conditions is much better on iOS.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez