Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

LordLettuce

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Pixel Update 11/18: Now no 4g; inconsistent Data Connection

Got a systems update notice on my Pixel (verizon network; purchased through verizon) so I installed it.

Nougat 7.1

Now I cannot connect at 4g or maintain a 3g connection consistently. I tried to use the on phone support, but won't even connect.

Tried to websearch it but no other reports of this happening.

Thoughts?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Pixel Update 11/18: Now no 4g; inconsistent Data Connection

This is happening world wide with no fix as of yet

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Pixel Update 11/18: Now no 4g; inconsistent Data Connection

A search online under Google pixel 4 g lite connectivity issues will pull up everything you want to know . It's been 15 days without a fix but Google is attributing this to the 7.1 Nougat rollout

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Is Google even listening to us, are they reading the forum's about how crappy the phone they made is? I would be so embarrassed as a company owner, knowing my company has dropped the ball on a new product. They got our money, they most likely don't care.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Of course they care. Just give them some time to figure all this out. They have to come up with a fix that actually works, Not easy, so why rush something out that might actually make things worse. Which is people should never rush out and upgrade without waiting for the real world problems/bugs to appear.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I just can't believe that all people have gotten out of them is "We are aware and we're working on it ". Something of a little more encouragement would be more welcome then not hearing anything at all

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So word to the wise would be don't update to 7.1 if you're not already stuck with it. At this point if I were in a Verizon store and going to purchase a pixel I'd want to know what upgrade it is on.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
When I got my replacement I think it was on 7.0 and downloaded automatically before I caught it, but at that point the 7.1 bug was not a supposed issue

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is Google even listening to us, are they reading the forum's about how crappy the phone they made is? I would be so embarrassed as a company owner, knowing my company has dropped the ball on a new product. They got our money, they most likely don't care.

Yes they care. They stated they're working on it and I bet anything they are -- They just aren't going to give any details because if they say "Give us 1 week" and don't meet it that will bother people even more.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just can't believe that all people have gotten out of them is "We are aware and we're working on it ". Something of a little more encouragement would be more welcome then not hearing anything at all

I doubt they want to give anyone false hope with a time frame or something -- especially if they're working and testing to find out what the issue is. Nothing worse than saying that it will be ready in a week or two and then it doesn't come. That usually angers people more.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
This sounds pretty bad. I also have to have a phone that works as a phone. However I have a Pixel from Verizon. I got it on Oct 28. Mostly I'm shown as using LTE band 13. I have yet to have a dropped call or even a bad connection. There is nothing functional about the phone I have any issue with. I guess I'll keep an eye on what band I'm on while in a call. Eventually I'll drop a call. Sort of inevitable with a cell phone. My experience with Verizon is that the network, at least around here is NOT the same network as it used to be. Signal strength and coverage in areas where I am usually at, as well as in marginal areas, where I'm at quite a bit for certain times of the year, are worse than they were. So far this is the best phone I've had.

Came from an LG V10. That phone sounds like a lot of the Pixels discussed here. Got to the point where it would drop every call. Verizon replaced it under warranty twice. I finally just gave up. That is the feeling expressed here I can empathize with. It had issues other than call dropping as well, which was why it got replaced under warranty.
Yes I went from great signal with Verizon until spring of this year. Now the signal is bad everywhere. Instead of purchasing new antennas for their advanced LTE, they are moving antennas off their rural towers to the cities. The tower I was using used to have 4 antennas pointing at me. Now there are 2. So I am trying to connect to two towers 5 miles away. I am constantly jumping from band 2, to band 13 with no signal from either. Verizon refreshed the phone today, and I reseated my sim. So my signal is more steady now at work in the city. But, it didn't help the poor signal strength at home where it's terrible with any phone.

cappyg00k

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pixel XL - Dropping calls?

I'm on Telus, Google gave me a replacement phone, super fast delivery, but it still drops all cell connection. Before the update and after the update. I was going to change the sim card but a Telus guy said don't bother, my card is the same as lats year and it's a known issue with Google. If I was a road warrior, this phone would be unusable, it drops like crazy.

humdrum2009

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay a quick google search brought me back to this forum.
I am having dropped calls with almost every call that is made,or received.
This is unacceptable ,well past my 14 day window for return.
Seriously not sure what to do at this point.
Google said they can send another phone but,this seems worldwide at the moment.
First Samsung with the exploding phones,now google with a phone that doesn't make calls.
Really a shame this phone is smooth as butter,and Ferrari quick.
But i need to escalate a return this is defective merchandise to say the least.
Glad i bought it with American Express, they said if this phone is proven to be a lemon.
They will return my money and Verizon can have it back period.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pixel XL - Dropping calls?

This fixed the issue of dropped calls when I had my Note 4. Tried it on my brothers Pixel XL on Verizon. He has no more dropped calls or signal problems. (Take it off the Global Network change it to LTE/CDMA)

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Both my original and my replacement had this done the minute they were unboxed. No change in anything whatsoever

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Seems that all Google wants to do is issue replacement phones . I can understand once but some of us are on our second replacement.
If this ends up being a hardware issue although I doubt it, I'd have every person that worked in their QA department looking for new jobs .

If all Google wants to do is issue replacements maybe they aren't even close to coming up with a fix for this

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Seems that all Google wants to do is issue replacement phones . I can understand once but some of us are on our second replacement.
If this ends up being a hardware issue although I doubt it, I'd have every person that worked in their QA department looking for new jobs .

If all Google wants to do is issue replacements maybe they aren't even close to coming up with a fix for this
That's what Apple does! Issue replacement phones. If Google wants to Mimic Apple they are doing the same thing.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
If this is indeed the case then Google is just as lost as the consumers are at this point.

Some people have stated when they contacted Google and I have also read a lot on the subject as I'm plagued by it that it is due to 7.1 Now the same company tells you they will send you another phone. Some people are on their second or more replacement already and it's the same story.

Next here comes the rollout of 7.1 devices that are currently not running it . If this is attributed to software as Google stated why in the hell would you want more people that prior to this have had no issues with their phones download something where there is a good chance it can mess up their phones? Personally I think Google should do a recall until this is all straightened out. This is going to end up costing them a lot of money in the long run. Clearly there is no answer as of now. Google didn't even officially announce this anywhere . Bad business if you ask me

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
This thread has turned into an echo chamber of the same 4-5 users complaining about the issue endlessly. Not everyone is experiencing what you are. The signal on my Pixel XL is noticeably better than my two previous devices, a 2014 Moto X Pure Edition (that phone was a disappointment signal-wise compared to past Moto devices) and a ZTE Axon 7. Assuming this isn't all just Verizon network issues, Google will issue a fix when it has one. Deal with it or return/sell the phone for something that works better for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress