Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Read this morning Samsung S7, LG G5, couple other phones are getting updated to 7.0. Probably because 7.1 can't be used as a phone. My Pixel XL is as good as my old Palm Tungsten, good for a daily organizer, but no phone.

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
dwboston, I'm glad you pixel phone works, that's great news. Mine doesn't work as a phone, so if your hearing so many echos stop reading this thread. Your phone works, move on.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Well Samsung is one of the last to get any kind of updates anyway so it's no surprise that they are first now getting the 7.0 release

Fernando Martin

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am interested in the Pixel, however, this thread has me worried. How do I monitor what band my carrier is using? I am in South America where there have been problems reported, however, I am not on Claro. I am on Movistar. Any help would be appreciated.

Fernando Martin

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am interested in the Pixel, however, this thread has me worried. How do I monitor what band my carrier is using? I am in South America where there have been problems reported, however, I am not on Claro. I am on Movistar. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

It appears that Claro, Movistar, and Personal, here in Argentina, use the following LTE band.

B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1) LTE. Is this the Band 4 that supposedly has been a problem with this phone?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
This thread has turned into an echo chamber of the same 4-5 users complaining about the issue endlessly. Not everyone is experiencing what you are. The signal on my Pixel XL is noticeably better than my two previous devices, a 2014 Moto X Pure Edition (that phone was a disappointment signal-wise compared to past Moto devices) and a ZTE Axon 7. Assuming this isn't all just Verizon network issues, Google will issue a fix when it has one. Deal with it or return/sell the phone for something that works better for you.

Just FYI, I am on T-Mobile and have these problems. Signal quality certainly appears worse than my 6P.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI, I am on T-Mobile and have these problems. Signal quality certainly appears worse than my 6P.

Make that 6 people.

No issues here so far on AT&T. LTE signal quality is excellent with no dropped calls, in a marginal coverage area. I had a 1.5 hour call the other day that started at home, transferred to the car bluetooth system, back to the phone at the gas station, back to the car bluetooth system, and then back to the phone, through 2 horrible signal areas where I would lose connection previously, and the call didn't drop. I'm not doubting that some folks have issues, as there are differences in devices due to the vagaries of the manufacturing process, but the echo chamber artificially amplifies the complaints and makes them seems like they are the norm - they aren't..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My signal is the same as my past few phones (6P, Note 7, 5X, S7 Edge). I get the same dBm in the same locations from what I've seen so far.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pixel XL - Dropping calls?

I've been moving my SIM cards between devices. 6P is about 10dBm better than Pixel.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

So I just received an update to NDE63X with a new baseband version. Maybe this will help?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

So I just received an update to NDE63X with a new baseband version. Maybe this will help?

That is what I am presently on with Verizon. No difference for me. Good luck to you. Maybe you will have luck with it

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Highest rated phone for issues and returns would be more like it . Lots of catching up to do if they wanna be the apple of the Android world!

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I feel bad for everyone who is experiencing connectivity issues. I experienced connectivity issues with my Galaxy S5 (on AT&T) that were never completely resolved, so I understand how frustrating that can be. Fortunately, I have experienced no such connectivity issues with my Pixel XL (on the Project Fi network).

I just used the Pixel XL in California to call Maryland. It was a 29 minute call. No connectivity issues.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
This thread has turned into an echo chamber of the same 4-5 users complaining about the issue endlessly. Not everyone is experiencing what you are. The signal on my Pixel XL is noticeably better than my two previous devices, a 2014 Moto X Pure Edition (that phone was a disappointment signal-wise compared to past Moto devices) and a ZTE Axon 7. Assuming this isn't all just Verizon network issues, Google will issue a fix when it has one. Deal with it or return/sell the phone for something that works better for you.
I suggest you move on to another thread to enter and complain in. If you were in fact enjoying these issues as much as everyone else,you would be playing a different tune. Your device works great,that's fantastic. Everyone else has a device that does not work as expected. This isn't a Kyocera device. It's Google.

Every forum member will come in and share their opinion and angers about this issue until it is completely fixed. I sold my pixel. Couldn't wait any longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod