09-07-2017 01:45 PM
202 1234 ...
tools
    Anyone that chooses to join the "O" beta program will get their Oreo update pretty much immediately. Since Google will NOT automatically re-enroll you in the next beta (version "P") you don't have to do anything else. You don't need to opt out or change anything. Your membership in the "O" beta will just expire. By enrolling in the beta and accepting the Oreo update, you are getting the FINAL version of Android 8.0.

Android Version: 8.0.0
    Security patch level: August 5
    Build number: OPR6.170623.12
    08-22-2017 06:54 AM
    when do you think Verizon will push 8.0?
    08-22-2017 07:42 AM
    when do you think Verizon will push 8.0?
    I'm not sure but I just enrolled in the beta and am now on the final version of Oreo. I guess I'll see how long it is until my girlfriend's pixel gets it since she isn't on the beta.
    08-22-2017 07:45 AM
    I'm not sure but I just enrolled in the beta and am now on the final version of Oreo. I guess I'll see how long it is until my girlfriend's pixel gets it since she isn't on the beta.
    Did you get a "normal" OTA or did you have to go through the beta phone wipe process?
    08-22-2017 07:54 AM
    Just a normal OTA that was their immediately
    hannsoft likes this.
    08-22-2017 07:55 AM
    Just a normal OTA that was their immediately
    Thanks. Now I have to mull this over, cuz it means early updates to MRs as they come out too. Wonder if it's all worth it just to get O now...
    08-22-2017 08:08 AM
    Thanks. Now I have to mull this over, cuz it means early updates to MRs as they come out too. Wonder if it's all worth it just to get O now...
    Well I see it says you will only be sent an OTA that will wipe your phone when you unenroll if you are on a beta. But right now I'm not on a beta has anyone else that is on the final release gone and unenrolled from the program and not had to wipe their device?
    08-22-2017 08:22 AM
    Well I see it says you will only be sent an OTA that will wipe your phone when you unenroll if you are on a beta. But right now I'm not on a beta has anyone else that is on the final release gone and unenrolled from the program and not had to wipe their device?
    Not enrolled for a month, wiped back to stock 7.1.2. Received 8.0 within 2 hrs of release. VZW pixel xl
    08-22-2017 08:32 AM
    I enrolled this morning got the update immediately. I just went and unenrolled in the beta program and didn't get an OTA to install that would wipe my phone. So I am now on stable 8.0.0 and won't receive anymore beta updates
    08-22-2017 08:34 AM
    I enrolled this morning got the update immediately. I just went and unenrolled in the beta program and didn't get an OTA to install that would wipe my phone. So I am now on stable 8.0.0 and won't receive anymore beta updates
    Ok, that's a clincher. Thanks!
    08-22-2017 08:36 AM
    Ok, that's a clincher. Thanks!
    You're welcome
    08-22-2017 08:40 AM
    Verizon is on the same schedule as the other Pixels.
    08-22-2017 08:50 AM
    Got mine last night.
    08-22-2017 08:51 AM
    Got mine last night.
    Were you on the beta?
    08-22-2017 08:54 AM
    Well it is perfectly cleared up for monthly security updates but this is the first major OS upgrade which is much larger than just a security update so I think it's a valid question as this is where Verizon could truly screw it up. So until this update has come and gone we won't know for sure how well they are handling the major updates.
    No, it's not a valid question. Verizon's track record with THIS PHONE is immediate updates, so with this phone, that track record is all that counts. Maybe if the phone were released 2 or 3 months ago your question would be valid, but it's not now. What will be your next"valid" question? "Will this monthly update be on time, it's the first since Android 8?" "Will this monthly update be on time, it's the first since the Pixel 2 was released?"."will this update be on time, it's the first since...?"
    This isn't valid at all, it's a continuation of the idiocy started last year with articles insisting that people don't get the Verizon version of the Pixel because updates will definitely be delayed.
    Stop it. Just stop it. Until Verizon delays updates to this phone, there is no valid reason at all to question if an update will be on time or not. None.
    08-22-2017 09:29 AM
    No, it's not a valid question. Verizon's track record with THIS PHONE is immediate updates, so with this phone, that track record is all that counts. Maybe if the phone were released 2 or 3 months ago your question would be valid, but it's not now. What will be your next"valid" question? "Will this monthly update be on time, it's the first since Android 8?" "Will this monthly update be on time, it's the first since the Pixel 2 was released?"."will this update be on time, it's the first since...?"
    This isn't valid at all, it's a continuation of the idiocy started last year with articles insisting that people don't get the Verizon version of the Pixel because updates will definitely be delayed.
    Stop it. Just stop it. Until Verizon delays updates to this phone, there is no valid reason at all to question if an update will be on time or not. None.
    I don't get why you are so angry about it? Also don't tell me to stop anything, this is a forum meant to ask questions if you don't like that question then you can move on and not try to start arguments. Also a security update is a much easier piece of software to process, a full update could take Verizon longer to do.

I have no questions about security updates moving forward Verizon has proven with the pixel that security updates will be on time but they have yet to release a full Android OS update.

If you don't like the thread move on and don't read it but don't tell me to stop and that my question isn't valid.
    08-22-2017 09:36 AM
    If it's not a valid question, why do I not have the update on my Verizon purchased never modified from stock pixel xl? I have seen a lot of people say they used to be on the beta and now aren't and got the update, but has anyone who was never on the beta received the update. I'm not complaining, just asking.
    alarsen7 likes this.
    08-22-2017 09:56 AM
    If it's not a valid question, why do I not have the update on my Verizon purchased never modified from stock pixel xl? I have seen a lot of people say they used to be on the beta and now aren't and got the update, but has anyone who was never on the beta received the update. I'm not complaining, just asking.
    Na no update here. Never on the beta either. Shout out to @alarsen7 for handling that situation like a gentlemen. As for VZW releasing a full Android update, I am curious to see how they handle it and how long it will take for at least half the Pixel/Pixel XL users to get "O" (that were not part of the beta). Only time will tell.
    08-22-2017 10:09 AM
    So if you go the beta route do you have to opt out? Or will you get Android P beta's when that time comes? If you opt out after the official build does it wipe your phone like if you opt out of a Developer Preview?
    they will automatically opt you out when P starts hitting Pixels. but u can install O and then opt yourself out from the same page once O is installed. it wont ask you to format like the dev preview so u r safe there
    08-22-2017 10:57 AM
    From what I read if you want to leave O it will whipe your device. So back everything up. Im tempted to enroll but I haven't even ssen what O does lol The beta closes soon I believe
    Nope you are wrong. it will only wipe when u r still on dev preview. since the beta is now pushing stable it wont wipe it. I just did that. I got O and then unenrolled and there was no wipe. it only happens when u r on dev preview
    08-22-2017 11:02 AM
    Is that battery percentage in your notification bar from an app or Oreo?
    Oreo. its now built in
    hannsoft likes this.
    08-22-2017 11:03 AM
    thats because no one have it even the google store purchased pixel(besides the one who opted to beta program.)
    if u opt to beta u get the update even if u r on verizon.

google is first rolling the update to all beta testers now. in a week they will roll out to small set of users and then after that in few days later they will update all phones.

this is still not a confirmation that verizon will get it when others get it but we are not there yet. we will have to wait for a week or 2 to figure that out
    08-22-2017 11:10 AM
    It let you join? I can't even find the beta page anymore
    08-22-2017 11:21 AM
    https://www.google.com/android/beta
    08-22-2017 11:25 AM
    I can still get there... but then I'm part of the beta. Can you get there from here?

http://google.com/android/beta
    08-22-2017 11:25 AM
202 1234 ...