Any way to know how many minutes used?

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app or any way to tell how many minutes you use on WiFi versus cellular? I'd like to track that to see if it's cheaper for me to stay on Fi or switch to T-Mobile's $30 plan with 100 minutes.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there an app or any way to tell how many minutes you use on WiFi versus cellular? I'd like to track that to see if it's cheaper for me to stay on Fi or switch to T-Mobile's $30 plan with 100 minutes.

Talk time is usually measured in minutes, not data. Fi is unlimited task and text.

Posted via the Android Central App

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand the question. It doesn't really matter how many minutes you are talking on WiFi, it isn't using your phone's data at all. If you are using T-Mobile's WiFi calling, it is being charged against your 100 minute limit. You can see how many minutes you are using (either over cellular or T-Mobile's WiFi calling) on the account section of the T-Mobile website or their app.

Now you could have meant making VoIP calls, using a third party app like Hangouts, and how much data those use when you are not connected to WiFi. In that case, you are likely using between 500KB to 1MB per minute.

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Does that T-Mobile plan offer free calling over wifi...nights and weekends?

If not I'd say stay Fi...it's the same service, and if you play your wifi right, you can pay right around that anyway...

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Does that T-Mobile plan offer free calling over wifi...nights and weekends?

If not I'd say stay Fi...it's the same service, and if you play your wifi right, you can pay right around that anyway...

No, there are no free nights or weekends on that plan, you only get 100 minutes and, as I stated above, using T-Mobile WiFi calling counts against those 100 minutes. The amazing part of that plan is getting 5GB of LTE data and, on top of that, getting T-Mobile's Music Freedom.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
No, there are no free nights or weekends on that plan, you only get 100 minutes and, as I stated above, using T-Mobile WiFi calling counts against those 100 minutes. The amazing part of that plan is getting 5GB of LTE data and, on top of that, getting T-Mobile's Music Freedom.

Thanks for that info. I didn't think the minutes over WiFi would count since they're not mobile minutes. I was thinking if I use most of my minutes over WiFi and they don't count, then I could get more data for the same amount of $$. My son is on the T-Mobile plan and of course he doesn't use any minutes and lots of data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non