Jelly bean ota - who got it?

Ricanxd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, thanks, just read that myself on another thread. Looks like I'm going to give flashing yakju a go...

You really should. I flashed back when they released 4.0.2. I really didn't want to wait on Samsung for updates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
You really should. I flashed back when they released 4.0.2. I really didn't want to wait on Samsung for updates.

Well after some digging, found the necessary steps (many thanks to efrant over at XDA who made it relatively straight forward and was kind enough to includes the necessary instructions/files to do it on a Mac) and voila, had takju installed. First attempt with the Framework trick after flashing and update was available. Now rocking JB! Time for a former iOS user to see what this baby can do ;).

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well after some digging, found the necessary steps (many thanks to efrant over at XDA who made it relatively straight forward and was kind enough to includes the necessary instructions/files to do it on a Mac) and voila, had takju installed. First attempt with the Framework trick after flashing and update was available. Now rocking JB! Time for a former iOS user to see what this baby can do ;).

Sweet :)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Those with Jelly Bean: Ask Google Now "Who founded Apple"...you'll see why

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
i'm slightly confused every else seems to be getting update to '4.1' mine said update to '4.1.1' is there any reason why? :)

4.1.1 is just the newest version update that includes small fixes from 4.1

Everyone who got the OTA from Google has 4.1.1, it's just easier to say 4.1 Jelly Bean.

The third decimal in a software version is not usually a very critical piece to the platform, usually indicating minor changes in the software.

Reactions: sen2020

janesa13

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
haven't got it yet.
Tried clearing the services framework 2 days ago and didn't work.

I'll try again soon
(on yakju 4.04 stock, no root, locked)

EDIT: just did a clear framework services and it worked!

Last edited:

anon(452103)

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
still havent got the update, tried the clear services framework trick, but all that did was break my push notifications on my gmail, gtalk etc and unlinked my device from google play. Took me a while to get everything working again.

Are you guys, who cleared the framework and managed to update having these prolems in Jellybean as well, or does the update fix those issues?

Ricanxd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
still havent got the update, tried the clear services framework trick, but all that did was break my push notifications on my gmail, gtalk etc and unlinked my device from google play. Took me a while to get everything working again.

Are you guys, who cleared the framework and managed to update having these prolems in Jellybean as well, or does the update fix those issues?

Everything is running for for me

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site

sen2020

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
4.1.1 is just the newest version update that includes small fixes from 4.1

Everyone who got the OTA from Google has 4.1.1, it's just easier to say 4.1 Jelly Bean.

The third decimal in a software version is not usually a very critical piece to the platform, usually indicating minor changes in the software.

Thank you very much! :)

poxitee

May 11, 2012
Visit site

yup, i had push notification problems even after upgrading to Jellybean, however re-synchronizing fixed the problem with Google services(talk etc..) but had to re install and mess with androidlost a little more.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I got Jelly Bean yesterday. I'm very lucky to get that. It is much better than Ice cream sandwich.:)

Congrats, I agree, JB seems much better to me as well from what I've seen so far in my one day of testing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo