All sorts of issues with my honor 8

A

AC Question

I have all sorts of issues with my Honor 8, see my YouTube video v=BkaghSHFlik
And the most recent thing is: the keyboard freezes all the time, after only 20 letters or so. Annoying!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! So sorry you are experiencing all of these issues with your Honor 8! Have you tried a factory reset? Do you have a warranty on the device?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With lots of problems, I usually recommend to backup data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have problems. If you do then i would contact the manufacturer for a warranty replacement

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Firstly, Welcome to AndroidCentral! :)

Sorry to hear your Honor 8 is giving you hassles. It's a really awesome phone and should be running smoothly. After watching your video, i don't think its got anything to do with Apps you have loaded or even the device running out of memory. I would suggest doing a Factory Reset and if that doesn't solve the problem, might require for a replacement device. Never seem something like this before. Let us know how things go :)

Pfalzi68

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I've done a factory reset, and also what they call a "hard" reset. No change.

The problem with the warranty is that I line in the UK and bought the phoen from Amazon UK but when I called UK Honor support and gave them the model ID, they said it's not a phoen for the European Market. By the time I had it all sorted out with Amazon UK, the three month warranty was just over. (The problems only started after 2 months). So I guess there nothing else I can do. Gotta live with is, I guess...