Who's going to give their Honor 8 up for a Honor 9?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Double tap is useful. Really love that

Yup! And apparently (hope I didn't read this wrong) the HTC U11 also has double tap to unlock. I really need that feature in my next phone! When I first got my Honor 8 I quickly realized that I couldn't double tap that screen. 🤣

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is one reason why I LOVED my LG G3 - the double tap to unlock meant it didn't have to come off of my table, bedside table, bed, etc. Front fingerprint scanners are cut from the same cloth.

But if you use a secure lock screen then you still gotta enter the pin/ password or whatever if you use dttw.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Fingerprint is probably more secure for most people as people can see you entering your pin or pattern . Sure people can duplicate your finger print but it's much more difficult

Duplicating your finger print is more difficult but it has been done. And when iPhone center out with their finger print scanners, everyone was stating fingerprint scanners are not secure. I like them only cause it is faster. I do love the picture password from BlackBerry as well

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Duplicating your finger print is more difficult but it has been done. And when iPhone center out with their finger print scanners, everyone was stating fingerprint scanners are not secure. I like them only cause it is faster. I do love the picture password from BlackBerry as well

BLACKBERRY'S PICTURE PASSWORD PROTECT SYSTEM WAS AWESOME - can't believe I'd forgotten about it!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Well there are a few issues with fps. First, LE can compel you to use fps to unlock the phone, but not pw or pin or pattern. Second some people thought that the data is stored online but it isn't, only in the local device.

And of course there is no 100% secure method.... Anything can be hacked. fps is one of the most secure commonly used method and also the easiest to use.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Well I was going to get another Honor 8 but my boss and also best friend ordered me a free iPhone 7 with my service totally paid for. I could not turn that deal down. I'll wait on the honor 9 it looks to be now. I should get my new phone Monday sometime. I do miss having an honor though. That's for sure.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I was going to get another Honor 8 but my boss and also best friend ordered me a free iPhone 7 with my service totally paid for. I could not turn that deal down. I'll wait on the honor 9 it looks to be now. I should get my new phone Monday sometime. I do miss having an honor though. That's for sure.

I thought you had an iPhone 7 before? But with the money saved, you can get the honor 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress