Considering the HTC 10

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So I am considering buying the phone directly from HTC due to the discount. I'm curious though if HTC will follow up this phone with something better. Hop on the HTC 10 or wait and see what happens?

NOTE: My daily driver right now is my Pixel XL (which is GREAT).

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It's $500 now if you're curious to try it. HTC is also pretty good about returns.

It was really the only choice for me after that Pixel announcement and the Note 7 debacle.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
It's $500 now if you're curious to try it. HTC is also pretty good about returns.

It was really the only choice for me after that Pixel announcement and the Note 7 debacle.
How do you like it? I'd like to hear from real life owners who have had it awhile.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
How do you like it? I'd like to hear from real life owners who have had it awhile.
I would be here for a while if I'm going to list everything I love about the phone. So instead I'm going to list my biggest gripe with the phone instead.

1. When you press the recent button while in the camera app, the phone opens up the recent apps in landscape orientation. It's almost as if they're trying to let you know you're doing it wrong.

That's it! That's the only thing I wish they would change.

Battery life has been great. I get 4 to 5 hours of SoT. Audio quality is indeed amazing, every aspect of it, from call quality to speakerphone clarity to headphone jack audio.

Screen color accuracy is great. I prefer the more realistic sRGB color space. Still I kinda wish it was AMOLED.

It has slightly better reception than my Note 7 did.

Everyone talks about camera quality without mentioning front facing camera quality. It is by far the best one out there in my opinion, selfies look better on my HTC 10 compared to my Note 7.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I would be here for a while if I'm going to list everything I love about the phone. So instead I'm going to list my biggest gripe with the phone instead.

1. When you press the recent button while in the camera app, the phone opens up the recent apps in landscape orientation. It's almost as if they're trying to let you know you're doing it wrong.

That's it! That's the only thing I wish they would change.

Battery life has been great. I get 4 to 5 hours of SoT. Audio quality is indeed amazing, every aspect of it, from call quality to speakerphone clarity to headphone jack audio.

Screen color accuracy is great. I prefer the more realistic sRGB color space. Still I kinda wish it was AMOLED.

It has slightly better reception than my Note 7 did.

Everyone talks about camera quality without mentioning front facing camera quality. It is by far the best one out there in my opinion, selfies look better on my HTC 10 compared to my Note 7.
Awesome! Thank you! I'm definitely considering it I'm just wondering if they are working on an HTC 11?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Thank you! I'm definitely considering it I'm just wondering if they are working on an HTC 11?
Love mine as well, a really solid device and can't disagree with any of the above thats already been said. As for an HTC 11 I'm sure they will come out with something as a replacement for the 10. However, I'd be surprised if my 10 would need replacing and barring some unforeseen incident happening to it I'll just keep using it till it dies then decide. It's at a good price right now and still an awesome phone with high end specs and super smooth and no lagginess or stutters that I've ever noticed. HTC makes a good phone.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
You are most likely looking for an April/may release for the next flagship to follow up the 10. I have has this phone since release and have tried a few others along the way. I always send them back and keep this 10.

I bought directly from htc so I get the uh-oh protection. That's a nice piece of mind. All around its my favorite phone I have ever had. Given that htc just announced/launch their first phone with Android 7.0. It won't be long before the 10 has it.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have both the S7 Edge and HTC 10. I really like them both. My S7 Edge is my daily use phone but i often find my self using my HTC 10 more and more.
Not quite ready to make the 10 my daily use phone but its right up there with my S7 Edge..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez