Time Without Signal High

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else get a lot of Time Without Signal? Today my phone has been on for over 13 hours & the tws is at 43% & used the second most battery. This has been pretty normal since I got it. I had a Nexus S 4g before that died & I got the same thing until I put roam control on it, then it was much better. I've been using it on here for a while too, hoping it would help, but it hasn't unfortunately. Is there anything I can do to help it? I've updated the prl a couple times to make sure I'm up to date. Only other thing I can think of is to try to get an airave from sprint. It's worst at work, just a big warehouse type building, but I've never gotten a decent signal there. Home isn't great, but it's better.

I really do love this phone, even more than the Nexus. The 3D is really cool to now that I've gotten the hang of looking at it. I just hope this signal thing will get better.

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So quick question, are you truly in a low signal area? If you are in a low signal area then no matter what phone you have it will have poor singnal. For me at work there is a fine line between poor signal and no singal but i have found the few places where i loose signal and avoid those for long periods of time.
Now if your friends or family get full bars and your not getting anything then its likely a defective device. But with the info you provided its hard to tell.

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
No one on Sprint gets a good signal in our building, but when I switched both my Pre and Nexus to roam only both my signal and battery life improved dramatically. With the 3D, I get terrible signal strength on Sprint and a little better on Roam Only, but it still must not be very good. Today my phone's been on 5 hours & is at 18% TWS on roam. I hope it isn't a hardware issue. I was at the fairgrounds last weekend & it kept loosing the data connection all the time. Not sure if it's related or not. I was hoping maybe there was a bad tower near there?
Where can I check the actual signal strength? My Nexus had it in the settings, but I don't see it on here.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I would recomend downloading a widget called Mobile Signal Widget Pro.
This will tell you what network your on, if your on EVDO or 1xrtt and what your actual signal strength is.
FYI, the ROM will show 3G connection even with 1xrtt. This happened to me yesterday, also when this happens your battery life will go down dramatically.
FYI, FYI, LOL keep in mind Sprint allows a very limited amount of data when roaming. So if you roam a lot watch out.
From what i am hearing its less likely that you have a bad device and more likely your just in a bad coverage area. Just because you have a new device doesnt mean it will perform better in low signal area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87