What is your upgrade phone from the EVO 3D?

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I apologize about this post being a duplicate from the one in the Root section, though I feel like this will hit a larger audience being in the main section. If moderators can close the one in the root section and just leave this one open, I will be fine with it.

Being one of the first people to get the 3D, I am going to assume that most of your plans are up and therefore you are all looking for an upgrade. I just wanted to know what phones some of you are leaning towards. I am finding my next phone battle to be really difficult with both the HTC One and SG4. True I can always wait until the next nexus, however we sprint customers never received the last LG nexus. So sticking with sprint with their unlimited data, I am stuck between the One and SG4. Being a fan of HTC with their design and innovation I would like to continue with the One, though we all know how HTC is with both updating and unlocking their phones. Though I hope being that this is going to be there Make it or Break it phone, I hope they will do everything they can to make their faithful customers satisfied. <<< This is especially a must being a Pre user b4 and how the company pretty much screwed us over. Though The S4 is a nice phone, I just feel that Samsung is trying to become apple, with the fact that this phone just seems like an update for the S3. Bigger screen, faster rom, better camera, all in a similar package. Plus Samsung will make sure that all of their recent legacy devices will get the pleasure of all the new features on the new S4. Being a user of the Evo3D, we all know first hand about gimmicks, and I just feel that the S4 just has a lot of gimmicks that will probably be nice for the first few months, but they are not deal-breakers. The 3D function is sweet and I use it probably once a month tops, but it was not a necessary feature to have.

Just looking to hear some opinions of yall, those who got the phone first, and those who got it later.

PS, I know this is a popular topic, but being that most first run evo3d users, plan will be up shortly, wanted to reincarnate the topic.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to one x last june. Now I ordered a Nexus 4 one tuesday to go with my Nexus 7. I love the clean android.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I hear you on the clean vanilla android, but I'm sticking with sprint for the foreseeable future and no nexus device on a cdma network will truly be great. Plus IMHO Sprint is looking to back phones that people who dont care to root or develop their phones, ie Samsung Galaxy or LG or HTC Phones.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I am leaning towards the S4 or Ativ S as my replacement for the EVO3D. I know all about the limited Apps on the WinStore, however they are good with what I routinely use. I too didn't want to leave Sprint since I have no major issues with them other than waiting for the LTE towers to be permanently turned on in my area instead of periodical testing.:mad:

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the 3D the day it came out and have loved the phone. It is starting to show its age with the battery performance declining with nearly 2 years of use and now the capacity has begun to be a problem with the dreaded insufficient memory error. I can only clear the cache of apps and delete apps that I don't have to have on the phone so much. I had been holding out upgraded until LTE comes to my city, but am just giving in and just pre-ordered an HTC One. I have no issues with the lack of a removable battery, as I never did battery swaps any way and purchased a charger pack for $25 that is great for times when I am away from a charger. The lack of SD card is fine as well. If I combine the used space on my phone and the 32 gb card in it right now I only have around 15 gb used. The only thing I will miss is the 4G until LTE comes to Denver. At least the 3G in Denver is really good compared to a lot of other places.

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been on Sprint for over 10 years but I'm switching for a Nexus 4 and T-mobile $30 monthly 4g plan. I barely ever use minutes so it makes sense and will save me a ton of money. Sprint contract is up in June. Still love my Evo 3D though

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like DW will upgrade her EVO3D to a Samsung S4. She originally wanted the Iphone, but that died quickly. I'm leaning to the Samsung Ativ S. This will be the first time we aren't sporting the same phones/OS.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like DW will upgrade her EVO3D to a Samsung S4. She originally wanted the Iphone, but that died quickly. I'm leaning to the Samsung Ativ S. This will be the first time we aren't sporting the same phones/OS.

**** the iPhone. Android is far better.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
IMO too! That is why she eventually changed her mind. She loves her android. I do too, but am willing to try something new (non-IOS nor BB).

Android phones might have a few more issues, but the customization and rooting overshadows anything that Apple can do.

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Came from a Pre...Evo 3D and my first go with Android has been a mixed bag...

Think I am going with the newest iPhone when it is released...

If I didn't I would seriously look into the HTC One...

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol the evo 3d, my mom still has the evo 4g. Shes thinking of upgrading to the purple s3 we can't afford a new phone right now and sprints website list the 16gig for free.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I just want something with a better camera and...I can't emphasize on this enough, a phone with a battery the size of a refrigerator! I think the...ahem...Motorola Max but I can't find it anywhere so perhaps ill just stick with my EVO and external battery pack for a while though Nokia's offerings do look tempting but after spending many $ it makes more sense to stick with Android so I'd say either the HTC one or s4 if I can afford it :(

But my dream phones are still the LG Optimus 3D and HTC sensation XL (remarkable responsiveness on that thing with a sense 3 version-lots of demanding animations)

Oh, sorry I'm off topic again...Carry on as you were :)

taynxtlvl

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Bought my 3D the day it came out also. Was teetering on the fence between the HTC One and the s4. And I'll admit the HTC build quality has been so lovely with my 3D it is a beast. But then I saw the s4 specs commercial and was sold! Plus I already have a Samsung 3D TV and it's stellar.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Bought my 3D the day it came out also. Was teetering on the fence between the HTC One and the s4. And I'll admit the HTC build quality has been so lovely with my 3D it is a beast. But then I saw the s4 specs commercial and was sold! Plus I already have a Samsung 3D TV and it's stellar.

You won't lose with either of these monster phones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress