MHL (microusb to HDMI) cable for Evo 3D

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking online for a place to buy an MHL (microusb to HDMI) cable for my soon-to-be-owned Evo 3D. I have not been able to find one. Has anyone found one? Perhaps I am not searching for the correct type of cable? I have been searching for 'MHL cable' and variants. Thanks.

Reactions: czarphanguye#AC

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking online for a place to buy an MHL (microusb to HDMI) cable for my soon-to-be-owned Evo 3D. I have not been able to find one. Has anyone found one? Perhaps I am not searching for the correct type of cable? I have been searching for 'MHL cable' and variants. Thanks.

Here is a link to one ... It says HTC Sensation but MHL is a standard : HTC Sensation MHL - HDMI out Cable - AC M490

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I live in the US. Link seems to be for UK. The graphic shows a 'box' sort of thing connected to too. Is that a splitter?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Based on what I have seen about the MHL. If you have a TV that is MHL compliant (they aren't any released yet, IIRC), the cable can be a usb mini / MHL on one end, and HDMI on the other and you can charge, while streaming and get some control (likely only play/pause).

If you just connect to a standard HDMI port, it will only play and not charge, and you can get a cable that has HDMI and another USB port for charging.

YouTube - ‪Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL)‬‏

In one of the CTIA videos of the EVO 3D on YouTube, the person demonstrating the phone said that it would charger over HDMI, but I'm not sure based on the guy from the MHL consortium.

Reactions: preViously

drewski83

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I seen a mini HDMI to HDMI cable yesterday. Those should be good for watching video n pics on HDTV s n even playback 3D pics n video on 3d compatible hdtvs. Not sure on MHL tho.. either way, I can't wait!! :-D

-Drew$ki

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I seen a mini HDMI to HDMI cable yesterday. Those should be good for watching video n pics on HDTV s n even playback 3D pics n video on 3d compatible hdtvs. Not sure on MHL tho.. either way, I can't wait!! :-D

-Drew$ki

Don't buy that one.

The micro HDMI to HDMI cable is what is used on the current HTC EVO 4G and the Motorola DROID X. The cable that will be needed for the EVO 3D is specifically the MHL cable.

majestros

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
any update on this? I still haven't been able to find one and now we know that the phone doesn't come with one in the box. I'm kinda wishing that they kept the regular HDMI port at this point.

majestros

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah, there are numerous places outside the US or on pre-order/backorder, or ebay, etc, I was just hoping a real store might have one in stock so we don't have to wait for days after the phone is released to use the HDMI out.