Ok to use Epic memory card?

anon(67968)

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me in advance, I just came from the Epic which was my first Android phone(i love that phone) is it possible to just swap my memory card from my Epic into the Evo3D or do I need to do anything before I do so?

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me in advance, I just came from the Epic which was my first Android phone(i love that phone) is it possible to just swap my memory card from my Epic into the Evo3D or do I need to do anything before I do so?

I would copy everything over to your pc first, then format the SD card. Then you can just plug it into your new phone, and copy/paste stuff over like pics and rungtones and such.

-----
Ride to the sound of the guns!
1st Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division
Second to None!

Reactions: anon(67968)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a class 4 32GB card and i moved it strait from my EPIC to my EVO 3D with no problems.
The only thing i did was copy the content of the 8GB card that came with the 3D to the 32GB card.

Its been a week and all is well.

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Transitioning from any phone if Android doesn't see a few folders like DCIM (camera) and .androidsecure it will create them upon installation and mounting. If these are present from a old phone than its a straight across transfer. I wouldn't expect your backups to work so keep that in mind but once you install your apps again most of your data should remain intact...

Speed does matter... especially for the HD movies you are watching. That is why I see a lot of people not able to play mkv files on their phones because they aren't running a fast card (not touching on the whole gpu/hardware element as that matters too). I personally won't touch a card with a lower rating than Class 6, with a preference of Class 10.

I guess I should also mention that if its important... backup to the cloud people... its freagin 2011!

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Also not all cards with that Class * rating will be what they say they are. I like to buy my cards from newegg as a lot of people do benchmark tests and are verified to own the products... I am not pimping newegg but its nice to know what you are buying especially when you are dropping 50+ on a large one.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Also be careful of "bulk" packaged cards. They are easier to counterfeit. I prefer individually packaged items. I know nothing is exempted, but at least it is lessen when accompanied with user reviews. I just hate to buy one until probably next week because I have to buy two.

Here is another place to get one...ProAdvantage.

celthunder

Jul 1, 2011
www.rofltech.net
Transitioning from any phone if Android doesn't see a few folders like DCIM (camera) and .androidsecure it will create them upon installation and mounting. If these are present from a old phone than its a straight across transfer. I wouldn't expect your backups to work so keep that in mind but once you install your apps again most of your data should remain intact...

Speed does matter... especially for the HD movies you are watching. That is why I see a lot of people not able to play mkv files on their phones because they aren't running a fast card (not touching on the whole gpu/hardware element as that matters too). I personally won't touch a card with a lower rating than Class 6, with a preference of Class 10.

I guess I should also mention that if its important... backup to the cloud people... its freagin 2011!

For video mkv yeah class 6 minimum for most other things that only need small files class 2 cards can be faster

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk