HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope HTC addresses the camera issue with a software update, especially since the camera was one of its strong selling points as stated earlier in this thread.

I'm not a photographer, but I can definitely see that the GS2 camera produces a much better picture than the EVO LTE, without having to make adjustments for every shot taken.

Maybe we as a community need to make a little more noise through the forums about the poor camera?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was sitting in a $tarbuck$ and using the DOF filter, took this shot.

IMAG0004-2.jpg

Reactions: renegadetx

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope HTC addresses the camera issue with a software update, especially since the camera was one of its strong selling points as stated earlier in this thread.

I'm not a photographer, but I can definitely see that the GS2 camera produces a much better picture than the EVO LTE, without having to make adjustments for every shot taken.

Maybe we as a community need to make a little more noise through the forums about the poor camera?

Thats how I feel too, but there were a few folks here hell bent on proving camera is good. It's clearly a far cry even from being a decent camera.

Will be good if anyone / mods in contact with HTC/Sprint can pass on this info to them. We want them to succeed, will be good for them in the long term or I will be looking at Sammy really seriously.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
People ... People ... People complaining about the camera that on a Phone/GPS/PDA/GAMER/CALCULATOR/MP3 PLAYER/MOVIE PLAYER/BROWSER/ETC ... After all the discounts most of us received, we paid nothing for this device ... If you want a professional camera, go out and buy a dedicated camera ... Those of us who are enjoying the camera on this device aren't taking "money shots" of anything ... We are just having fun ... Relax ;) To tell you the truth, most of us (including myself) could be taking pics with $1500 cameras AND STILL have crappy pics ... lol

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
People ... People ... People complaining about the camera that on a Phone/GPS/PDA/GAMER/CALCULATOR/MP3 PLAYER/MOVIE PLAYER/BROWSER/ETC ... After all the discounts most of us received, we paid nothing for this device ... If you want a professional camera, go out and buy a dedicated camera ... Those of us who are enjoying the camera on this device aren't taking "money shots" of anything ... We are just having fun ... Relax ;) To tell you the truth, most of us (including myself) could be taking pics with $1500 cameras AND STILL have crappy pics ... lol

I paid $200 + tax and could have paid the same on GS2, so have full right to compare and enlighten others that camera is not what it was promised to be. Much worse. It's not abt using $1500 camera and still have bad shots, that's a different problem. What we are talking abt is comapritive worse photos.

Would you be ok if theer was no camera at all on your Phone/GPS/PDA/GAMER/CALCULATOR/MP3 PLAYER/MOVIE PLAYER/BROWSER/ETC ?

Reactions: jdizzle316

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The camera on the new Evo is so much better than the one on my old Evo 3d, it's not even funny. Check out some photos I took from our recent vacation with the new Evo.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's pictures in this thread really look great. I'm not sure where or why complaints about the camera have come up. Maybe they recheck their current settings and retake some pictures.

sent from my Evo4LTE

Reactions: taniabonita52

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's pictures in this thread really look great. I'm not sure where or why complaints about the camera have come up. Maybe they recheck their current settings and retake some pictures.

sent from my Evo4LTE

There you go again ?

Most pics are soft and out of focus , and lot of noise. there are some which are good.

Clearly most pics have issues... not sure why you say "settings" will fix it.

Reactions: stryfe

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
There you go again ?

Most pics are soft and out of focus , and lot of noise. there are some which are good.

What issues these are great pictures have you had an eye exam lately?:D

sent from my Evo4LTE

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
There you go again ?

which pics are soft and out of focus? most of the pics people are posting look fine to me. especially the ones above your last post from the guy who took vacation pictures. you say you arent looking at the pics as you would from a professional camera, but you clearly are. at the end of the day, we're taking pictures from a phone, not using a camera to call and text people.

maybe you got a defective phone. all my pics that ive taken look great on the phone and on the computer screern. browsing these forums i see a lot of people complaining about a lot of defective features on their devices. maybe you got one with a botched camera.

Reactions: Mercury81

hypercubexl

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree though, most of the disconcerting stuff is in the 1:1 full images..some incredibly weird dispersion, dithering, or processing going on there, even in broad daylight. I am curious if that is something in software they could change. Still some settings to experiment with.

However, since any pic I take is likely to be scaled down and posted to social sites or such, the end result is all that matters, and just a mild amount of scaling makes most of it go away. Even a regular printout of most of the pics I have taken so far will look just fine IMO.

I was never thinking this would replace my point and shoot or DSLR..this thing is still light years ahead of a lot of other phone cameras, and definitely an upgrade for me.

Am including a 100% crop of a daytime shot so you can see what it is doing even under ideal conditions. In the night shot you can still see a ton of noise even scaled down, BUT, I probably wouldn't have even been able to take a shot like that on my old phone.

Edit: Here's an album of them at 1600x resolution, can see a little better without the forum scaling.

http://imgur.com/a/3YF2z

Last edited:

anon803492

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree though, most of the disconcerting stuff is in the 1:1 full images..some incredibly weird dispersion, dithering, or processing going on there, even in broad daylight. I am curious if that is something in software they could change. Still some settings to experiment with.

However, since any pic I take is likely to be scaled down and posted to social sites or such, the end result is all that matters, and just a mild amount of scaling makes most of it go away. Even a regular printout of most of the pics I have taken so far will look just fine IMO.

I was never thinking this would replace my point and shoot or DSLR..this thing is still light years ahead of a lot of other phone cameras, and definitely an upgrade for me.

Am including a 100% crop of a daytime shot so you can see what it is doing even under ideal conditions. In the night shot you can still see a ton of noise even scaled down, BUT, I probably wouldn't have even been able to take a shot like that on my old phone.

Edit: Here's an album of them at 1600x resolution, can see a little better without the forum scaling.

EVO Pics - Imgur

It seems that the only pics where this camera shines is on micro pictures. They look really good. Even plenty of light though in regular pics ends up in noise and distortion.

Last edited:

sandman132

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm so happy with the camera! I have gs2 on cricket(work phone), my Evo LTE on sprint and my wife has galaxy nexus. My Evo by far is the best camera! I simply turned my saturation down by 1click and always take burst photos as I find 2nd or 3rd always come out more clear cause the camera focuses better.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress