Facebook (build 140579)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on my DNA but with a different build number. I updated facebook, hoping that will solve the issue permanently as I had the notification return three times after canceling the download.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Blindsushi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here, Samsung Fascinate 2.3.4 firmware, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Facebook but that only creates an additional buggy download, I have 5 queued up now.
I don't have the Downloads app, and I don't have anything under Internet > Menu > Downloads. I also tried downloading 2 different download managers but the Build 140579 doesn't show up in them.

Please help ; ;

Alison Thomson

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I did exactly the same as you did on my Galaxy SIII. And also couldn't get play store to open to reload FB. Go to your settings menu, scroll down to "applications", scroll sideways to "all" then scroll down to "Download manager". Select it and when the screen comes up press on "Enable". Once this is done, you should be able to load FB again. If the FB build message is still showing, go to the apps menu, select "downloads" then scroll sideways to "other downloads". Click the box and press the garbage can to delete. Then restart your phone. The problem should be solved. Good luck !! xx

Alison Thomson

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
First - go to settings, applications, scroll sideways to "all", select the download manager and enable it. Then go back to play store and download facebook. Once you have done this, go to your apps menu, open the downloads app, scroll sideways to "other downloads", put a tick in the box of the "facebook build" download and then delete it. Then restart your phone. The problem should be solved. Good luck :)

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't own the Evo Lte but I do own the original Evo 4G and very weird mine was doing the same and came home from work and connected to WiFi ironically as I researched this problem it somehow downloaded then asked me to install it using my package installer but I refused because something was very fishy...so I tried to open Facebook but it brought up the same menu saying current build no longer supported so again I backed out and when I re-entered Facebook it did not bring up the message so in my opinion don't install until this weird update is proven legit...

shady7737

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
After a frustrating couple of hours fooling with this, I finally found a way to end it. I also tried removing the battery and all else I could think of. Been searching everywhere online, still have no idea what it is, what it was downloading or why. But, I don't care...it's gone. and Facebook seems to be working well.

I have a xperia walkman android phone.
I went to downloads and found it under "other" downloads. n delete it from there

Hope this helps a little! Good Luck!!
-pankaj

Stev Banker

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes go to all apps or the menu, then click downloads, then either click it and force stop it or hold down on it until it let's you delete it. It works!!!
HTC Droid Rezound:D

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry this is not an update for the note 2. Did you even look what forum you're posting in? Also, there are many other phones that are seeing this.

Has anyone thought to try to contact Facebook?

I've sent a request to the support email address for the Android Facebook app, probably won't get a response, but if I do, I'll post it here.

Until I get a response I certainly will not install this update and I would advise everyone else to be very wary of this as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non