Deposit Question?

sammy102102

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I will be a new customer to sprint when the evo comes out. but i was wondering for the people who preodered at bestbuy,do they tell you if you need a deposit there or no? please i need some help

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Its a $50 deposit and they give you a gift card which you use to to pay off the rest of the price when you pick it up.

sammy102102

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I know but i mean like when doing a new account like they would check your credit to see if you need a deposit to have a sprint account.? do they check it when yu go preorder?

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
They didn't check anything for me. I just went in and said I wanted to preorder the EVO and they said ok. All I had to do was fill out a paper with my name, address, phone number, and last 4 digits of my social security number. Oh and also pay the $50 deposit.

cold war kid

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
yes they do a credit check, just like for most everything else that involves signing a contract, but it isnt that bad with Sprint. I have had 3 out of the 4 major carriers and Sprint was the best choice for me. I am 21 years old, with not much of a credit history.

AT&T wanted a $700 deposit from me.
Verizon wanted $500
T-Mobile would only approve me for one of their Even More Plus plans, and I couldn't get subsized pricing on any of their phones. I had to pay full retail.
Sprint approved me for 2 lines and only wants $250 for a deposit.

I hope this info helps!

edit: i see that you're specifically asking about Best Buy, I'm positive they do a credit check but I don't know if they check the same report that Sprint checks, there are 3 different credit bureaus.

Last edited:

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy, RadioShack and Sprint all have the same system for Credit checks. It's based per Sprint account.

Sprint is very lenient with deposits. Usually, when ATT or Verizon want $500, sprint will cut that at least in half.

If you have just OK credit history, or NO credit history, your deposit should be between $0 and $50. If you have troubled credit, then your deposit will be $250. Sprint does not go any higher than $250. There are VERY FEW times when Sprint will give a $250 dollar deposit to persons that have NO credit history, but that rarely occurs.

I got Sprint when I was 18, and they charged me $0 deposit. I cancelled with Sprint a year later to go to ATT, who charged me $50 deposit. I cancelled with ATT about 4 months later because of outrageous prices and service that didn't match the cost. I went to Verizon, same deal. Came back to Sprint, they charged me $50 deposit. Been on Sprint ever since.

Se7en2#AC

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Deposit...

My credit isn't the greatest, in fact, I believe I had to have a $500 deposit for T-Mobile when I joined them (was several years ago, though), but I called Sprint customer service before I pre-ordered my phone, and had them do a credit check to see if a deposit was going to be required. They actually approved me for 3 lines, so I pre-ordered two phones at BB (one for the wife, as well) and the service rep at Sprint gave me a credit application number that I will pass along to the BB rep when I activate service so another credit check isn't required.

So, if you're worried about a deposit, I'd give Sprint a call before plunking down your $50 for the pre-order.

Hope this helps.

Reason

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is by far the easiest to get approved for in terms of credit.

I would recommend going to a RadioShack and avoiding all the mail in rebates.

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My credit isn't the greatest, in fact, I believe I had to have a $500 deposit for T-Mobile when I joined them (was several years ago, though), but I called Sprint customer service before I pre-ordered my phone, and had them do a credit check to see if a deposit was going to be required. They actually approved me for 3 lines, so I pre-ordered two phones at BB (one for the wife, as well) and the service rep at Sprint gave me a credit application number that I will pass along to the BB rep when I activate service so another credit check isn't required.

So, if you're worried about a deposit, I'd give Sprint a call before plunking down your $50 for the pre-order.

Hope this helps.

what's the number that you called and was it an instant decision???... when I call sprint all I get is the run-around to do it in the store yada,yada,yada... I aien't going to drive 75 miles just for a credit check at the Sprint store.

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When I first started with Sprint my deposit was $125 for the 1st line with a monthly spending limit of $125. To add a 2nd line, it was an additional $125 deposit and my spending limit was upped to $250.

You do receive your deposit back after a year of continued service (it's applied to your bill) and Sprint does review payment history to remove the spending limits if you are on one.

I'm both a premiere customer and my spending limit was removed with payment history with Sprint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez