Getting "message not sent" while texting....

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
and it will fail when sending the text and if try resending or deleting the text, on the occasion it will send it to the person about 10-20 times!!!!!!

Anyone have this problem or have a fix?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's an airave problem? Things get kinda tricky sometimes with those. I had one for a couple of months before I moved and sometimes it would give me problems. There's a tech support line specifically for airaves. Might wanna give it a call if it happens frequently or (hopefully) is repeatable.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen a few times also (I also have an airrave). I use handcent, and occasionally I will get the red X saying the message was not sent. I have found that usually, when this happens, the message was sent, but I hit the retry button and get the same error over and over, and the receiving party will get a message every time I retry. So they will end up getting the message like 5 or 6 times.

Glad to hear I am not the only one having this problem.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen a few times also (I also have an airrave). I use handcent, and occasionally I will get the red X saying the message was not sent. I have found that usually, when this happens, the message was sent, but I hit the retry button and get the same error over and over, and the receiving party will get a message every time I retry. So they will end up getting the message like 5 or 6 times.

Glad to hear I am not the only one having this problem.

Exact same problem to the "T" and using handcent also...

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

prodigal27

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting this same problem with the default messaging app. I think something is funky with Sprints network lately.

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
The Airave 2 is an abomination. Since I got it I have been on the phone with Sprint consistently demanding they fix the thing. My older Airave (Samsung model) works flawlessly. The Airvana goes offline for a few minutes at a time randomly while still showing full signal, which causes dropped calls and undelivered texts.

This has nothing to do with Handcent.

RoseMan806

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife has been having the same exact problem. It has happened randomly using the text messaging app that came with the phone It would send about 15-20 texts. Sprint has us both download Handcent to prevent the problem but it didnt change anything. We are also using an airave, but this has occured before we got the airrave We both have the same phones and configurations. My phone has only done this once. My wifes phone has done this numerous times and it is very aggravating. I have experienced the phone sending the same message multiple times if I have a weak signal, but this is occuring with full bars. Seems like I am getting nowhere with sprint. We dont know what to do!

Mastertech

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I am having this same issue and it has nothing to do with the airrave in my case.
It does it when I am no where near my airrave and I am in an area where I have a strong signal.
I can help but wonder if this isn't a sprint issue.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it is a sprint network issue.
My wife kept complaining about texts not going thru.. or a network error coming up.
well one night at 11:30p.m. I get a text from here that she had sent 2 days earlier. I was like huh. She is sleeping. How is that possible so I looked at her phone. Sure enough she had like 10 network error message not sent messages on her phone.

I have had a couple of those on my Evo. And now getting call drops that i use to never get before.

I live up in south east Michigan. DATA is terrible.
I am down in North Port Florida visiting for Christmas. Data is even bad down here. It's so bad we stopped in At the local sprint store in the mall. They were so busy with people complaining about bad service, slow to non existent data speeds. The Verizon store and the at&t store only had a couple of people in them shopping. No one complaining.
What's funny was. My family and I tried out the. I-PHONE 4S at sprint, at&t, and Verizon. Asked Sirius Suri what is the temperature? At&t and Verizon were instant. Sprint took 2 minutes for Sirius to answer.

Sprints data speeds have really gone down hill. It really has gotten so bad that it is almost worth breaking contract to go to a more reliable faster connection.
And like I say..... what good is unlimited data if you are throttled from the beginning????

So having been to several cities now.. Seeing how terribly slow sprint data speeds really are... I think it is a sprint network issue.

kde5375

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
this is definitely not a handcent issue. I am running GO SMS Pro and I get the same thing. Used to be once in a blue moon and now it seems like it happens every 30-40 minutes. I do have an airrave - which sucks miserably btw but its not that. I was travelling last week away from home and had the same issue.

I hate sprint with a passion. Left verizon 1 year ago because I wanted the evo. Worst mistake ever. Love the phone but I'm sure the thunderbolt is similar enough and no phone is worth this piss poor service.