Screen replacement how-to

mikeestes99

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
hi to everyone,
i need your help in finding a repair video and/or step by step instructions with pictures, my HTC First, aka HTC Myst, aka Facebook phones outer glass is cracked. i know the outer glass and digitizer fused all together but im not sure about separating them from the LCD screen. Ive tried finding a repair video and/or step by step instructions and was able to find 2 but one wasn't very good. and the 2nd one, a video, showed a tear down of the phone and the replacement of the phones LCD, Digitizer and outer glass all together but not the separation. if anyone can help please do. i have repaired other phones cracked glass but Ive never separated a phones LCD from the digitizer and glass.

thanks in advance to all that reply with help
mike

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need Help with my phones cracked outer glass

hi to everyone,
i need your help in finding a repair video and/or step by step instructions with pictures, my HTC First, aka HTC Myst, aka Facebook phones outer glass is cracked. i know the outer glass and digitizer fused all together but im not sure about separating them from the LCD screen. Ive tried finding a repair video and/or step by step instructions and was able to find 2 but one wasn't very good. and the 2nd one, a video, showed a tear down of the phone and the replacement of the phones LCD, Digitizer and outer glass all together but not the separation. if anyone can help please do. i have repaired other phones cracked glass but Ive never separated a phones LCD from the digitizer and glass.

thanks in advance to all that reply with help
mike
Take a look at this video for a step-by-step walkthrough of the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIsnRmxw0cI

I'm pretty sure the above video also provides resources for the required materials and hardware needed to do the repair. Good luck.

mikeestes99

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Need Help with my phones cracked outer glass

thank you srkmagnus for the quick help,
i appreciate the help however the video you suggest is actually the 2nd video i mention in my post. it is a great video of the tear down and replacement of the LCD/digitizer/outer glass combo. i need a video or step by step instructions with pictures if possible of separating the LCD from the digitizer and outer glass which are together as one unit. my phones outer glass is broken but LCD plays fine. i would greatly appreciate any help on that.

thanks again for the help
mikeestes99

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch