Just Bought HTC One E8, having issues with APN. AT&T US

ethansc

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
So I ordered a Chinese HTC One E8 from Eotalk.com while I was in India. The phone came rooted with the Eotalk mod rom, with all the Chinese apps removed and the Google Play store added.

I took it to an ATT store yesterday to get a nano sim, and everything is working except for the mobile data. I can make calls and texts no problem. The guy at the store tried putting in the standard APN settings to no avail, and a call to ATT got me the same results.

I have done quite a bit of searching, but since the phone is so new I haven't found any info on this exact issue. I have found some people who have bought M8's from UK and configured them successfully, but no Chinese phones. the APN Menu is almost identical, except it is missing the field for APN protocol and APN Roaming Protocol, which I believe are both to be set to IPv4.

Anybody who has bought a Chinese HTC recently (4.4.2) would probably have the same issues I would think.

I'm banging my head against the wall wanting to get the data working. Any Ideas?.

Thanks in advance.

ethansc

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Fixed.

I tried using the legacy cingular APN. Apparently my grandfathered unlimited data plan was on these old codes, ie. 3G only...

Thanks anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699