Returning AT&T One because of gap on top bezel?

pjstock42

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck doing this?

I know the gap is pretty widespread with AT&T models but it is driving me nuts. I'm going to attempt to switch this unit out for a new one tonight at an AT&T corporate store due to this issue, I'll post results here if anyone is interested.

I'm fully expecting to go through all of this and end up getting another unit with the same problem but oh well.

highertechnology

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I took mine back and my replacement was perfect. The first one wasnt terrible but bothering the heck out of me. After a couple hours I couldnt take it. Haha. Mine had a gap and rough plastic in the gap.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I took mine back to Best Buy and the replacement's power button was MUCH easier to press. But the gap was still there. However, it's so tiny that I'm not sure it's even an issue. I haven't even seen pics of one that is perfect anyway.

SUADE8880

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I took mine back to Best Buy and the replacement's power button was MUCH easier to press. But the gap was still there. However, it's so tiny that I'm not sure it's even an issue. I haven't even seen pics of one that is perfect anyway.

I have seen them perfectly flawless. I know because I just got one after exchanging it out for the same reason. This is what I have observed: The perfect one that I got has a darker shade white plastic that goes around the rim versus the one with the gap. I have confirmed that to be true as well from the four display models they had at my local At&t only two being good. You can't really tell until you have the two compared side by side and you will notice the whites on a good one is a little darker. This all could be dependant from a certain factory off from a certain assembly line that causes this bad batch. I sure hope they solves it.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have seen them perfectly flawless. I know because I just got one after exchanging it out for the same reason. This is what I have observed: The perfect one that I got has a darker shade white plastic that goes around the rim versus the one with the gap. I have confirmed that to be true as well from the four display models they had at my local At&t only two being good. You can't really tell until you have the two compared side by side and you will notice the whites on a good one is a little darker. This all could be dependant from a certain factory off from a certain assembly line that causes this bad batch. I sure hope they solves it.

Yea I'm sure its the initial batch or whats not. I'll get over it. Probably so a BB insurance claim later on when I likely scratch it and get one later. Not worth the hassle of constant return and exchange constantly. But I am OCD.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

BlackMamba14

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Exchanged one because the power button was only half functional. My second one has no gaps but the screen is slightly higher than the speaker grill. Anyone else seeing their glass above or below the speaker grill?

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
My screen is slightly higher than the speaker grill at the top. Doesn't really bother me though.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

nihilmike

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here with the screen slightly higher than the speaker grill at the top. I'm trying to decide if it bothers me enough to exchange it though.

BlackMamba14

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It really hasn't bothered me at all. All the demo units I saw had atleast one issue (gaps, power button, volume button, etc.) so I feel like the glass being slightly raised is a non issue. Now if you have gaps or problems with buttons than thats a separate issue

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged mine. But my gap was really bad. My upper aluminum piece was so far above the white plastic that lint had gotten under the FFC lens in less than 24 hours. They exchanged it no problems and my new One is pretty much perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress