HTC One - Wifi problem connecting?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
This morning I noticed my home wifi wouldn't connect. It's worked up to today. My home computer still works fine and is connected. I restarted my phone and forgot my wifi and set it up again but it won't connect. Any suggestions or is anyone else having issues. Little bugs here and there. This is a big deal to me. Thanks

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

TimeThief

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wifi problem connecting?

I sometimes face the same problem (different device though), but
Try restarting your internet modem.
(Works for me)

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi problem connecting?

Since 4.3 update, wifi took a big hit... Issues are different for different people, but I think 4.3 update caused wifi issues overall.
Waiting patiently for a fix....

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so interesting find so far. I reset my modem yesterday and low and behold I was able to connect my phone back onto the network. Worked fine all day. Went to bed and got up and phone is not on wifi and won't connect again.
It appears that when my phone goes to sleep it drops my wifi and then won't connect when I wake it.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok so interesting find so far. I reset my modem yesterday and low and behold I was able to connect my phone back onto the network. Worked fine all day. Went to bed and got up and phone is not on wifi and won't connect again.
It appears that when my phone goes to sleep it drops my wifi and then won't connect when I wake it.

yes. That's another symptom that has been reported around....

Wifi would not connect.
Wifi disconnecting and re-connecting constantly.
Wifi low link speeds.
etc.

I suspect software update soon, as before 4.3, I did not have any issues with wifi.

Frankie Lane

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
After the most recent update of the HTC One, my wifi will not connect. I went to Sprint and they said it's an HTC issue and I'll have to wait for an update fix. Second problem I have is when I plug in the USB into my brand new 2013 Kia Sportage the debugging on the phone goes on and off. It will not read the phone (it read my iPhone 5 perfectly even showing the album cover on the car stereo screen). Third problem is when I plug in the USB to my Mac it doesn't read my phone and HTC Manager sucks. Fourth problem I have is Google Play Music . The streaming is horrible. It plays then stops, plays then stops on off on off. Only works when I'm home on my wifi, but now the wifi doesn't work. SO BASICALLY I HAVE A USELESS PHONE. GOING BACK TO THE IPHONE FIRST CHANCE I CAN. SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT.

Aussiev8

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
first issue is that your using a mac :p , i have tried to auto assign and manual assign IP and router addresses . stupid updates. hopefully they will bring a new one out soon

mikeb1024

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings and do software upgrade. THIS WORKED FOR ME..

- - - Updated - - -

Go to settings and do software upgrade. THIS WORKED FOR ME..

rickysoDolo

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This morning I noticed my home wifi wouldn't connect. It's worked up to today. My home computer still works fine and is connected. I restarted my phone and forgot my wifi and set it up again but it won't connect. Any suggestions or is anyone else having issues. Little bugs here and there. This is a big deal to me. Thanks

I had the same issues right after I updated my HTC One to 4.3 not connecting to wifi. I ended up calling HTC tech support and this is what they had me do and it seemed to work.

Go to Settings>Wifi>Advance (top right)>Wifi Frequency band and select 2.4 HGz only.

1. Hold power button and shut down phone.
2. Once the phone is shut down, hold the volume down button then press power button for approx. 3 seconds and let go.
3. You will see a white screen, using the volume buttons for up/down and power to select: scroll to Recovery and press power. The screen should be black.
4. Now press the volume up then power button for approx. 3 seconds and you should see a black screen with blue lettering and a red triangle in the center.
5. Scroll down using the volume down and select Wipe Cache Partition. At the bottom will say Cache wipe complete in yellow.
6. Press power button selecting Reboot System Now. Phone will reboot and should be working. Try to connect to wifi.

Hope this works, if not then call HTC using a different phone to troubleshoot.

WuhanJack

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I also followed those instructions to the letter with HTC One , Android 4.4.2. It still wouldn't connect to my home Wi-fi.
It can still scan and find all the wifi networks nearby, but only shows a Wifi notification symbol in the notifications bar at the top of the screen for networks that ar NOT SECURE.
I ask it to forget my network, but it stays in the list of scanned networks.
When I ask it to reconnect, it asks for the secure key, and pretends to connect, but doesn't. It just reverts to saying "Saved, Secured with WPA2"
The most infuriating part is that I phoned HTC ONE support and spoke for over 30 minutes to a support person in the Phillipines.
Despite al the fancy tricks with combinations of Power and volume buttons that she got me to try, there was still no solution. Not a good look for HTC !
She offered a factory reset as a last resort - I declined.

Not being able to use my WiFi is consuming my mobile data, and I'm getting really annoyed about the problem.

dxb114

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
My T-Mobile HTC One connects to wifi but doesn't sync data. For example, I turn wifi off and I immediately get emails and other alerts. I switched to 2.4Hgz only and still the same issue. So for now I was forced to upgrade my data plan since I can't do anything via wifi. Google and YouTube services are extremely slow and downloading anything in Play doesn't work unless on mobile network. Is this a known issue?

hareshkarkar

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I facing a same issue. I can connect my laptop on home wifi but HTC one phone doesn't connect. My flatmates use Windows and iPhone and they are able to connect to wifi. I am facing this issues after an update. I need this issue to be resolved quickly as I am consuming Mobile Data which is expensive.

muerteh

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Just signed up to say i have this issue as well. I have tried turning off the phone for about an hour, in hope of a deeper check of everything, but nothing happens.

Seems like someone really dropped the cookies on this one. Not sure if it's HTC or Android, though. Anyway, hoping for someone to post a fix in here, so i'll monitoring this thread until then.

Hanana

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I got the same problem!!!My laptop and other devices are all able to connect but my new HTC one after the update yesterday... I keep switching wifi on and off and reset my router but none of these worked to me. thats so annoying

muerteh

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Alright, so i was too desperate to wait around for someone else to post the fix, so i went and found it myself instead ;)

Apparently the Android 4.4.2 can only deal with a HTC One having the device name "HTC One", so you need to rename it.

Here are the instructions:

WiFi - then 3 dots (upper right corner) - WiFi Direct - 3 dots (upper right corner) - Rename Device: HTC One.

I first tried naming it something else, and it didn't work, but "HTC One" does :)