Anyone use/tried Dynamic Notifications app for the One?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to this post I decided to give this app a test spin. I haven't really put it to the full test drive yet but it seems to be relatively useful and not really impacting battery or functionality.

One odd thing I can't seem to get around though. I use Daydream to keep my screen on and just a finger tap away to get to my Home screen when on the charger. This app doesn't seem to be able to pop anything up while Daydream is active. It works when I'm on battery but if the Daydream screensaver is running I'm still relying on audible alert or the blinking LED since DN doesn't seem to be able to override it. I did not block any apps in the DN settings so if it's aware Daydream is running it just doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it.

Pretty much seems like since daydream is built into the phone and not a secondary app DN can't override it. Especially since you have it set to on. I don't use daydream anyway. It looks cool. But why do you want the screen on all the time? Just don't see a reason for it. Just my opinion of course.. Other than that, DN works great.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem getting the Dashclock widgets to work on my Verizon One (Dashclock permissions error - please uninstall and reinstall) with this app. I've followed the instructions and still can't get it to work. Would love to have the battery widget on the notification screen.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much seems like since daydream is built into the phone and not a secondary app DN can't override it. Especially since you have it set to on. I don't use daydream anyway. It looks cool. But why do you want the screen on all the time? Just don't see a reason for it. Just my opinion of course.. Other than that, DN works great.

When I'm at work my phone is on the charger on my desk all the time. It's a pain in the neck to hit the power button every time I want to respond to something when I can just tap the screen to wake it up unlocked and ready to go. I'm going to keep working on DN config and keep it for a while rather than make a snap judgement. I have no problem with paying for Pro version if it proves useful enough that I feel I'd miss it if it was gone.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
When I'm at work my phone is on the charger on my desk all the time. It's a pain in the neck to hit the power button every time I want to respond to something when I can just tap the screen to wake it up unlocked and ready to go. I'm going to keep working on DN config and keep it for a while rather than make a snap judgement. I have no problem with paying for Pro version if it proves useful enough that I feel I'd miss it if it was gone.

Let me know how it goes. I might try daydream also. I hate keep hitting the power button..

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Using it for a week now, battery has been fine, however I have the timeout set at three minutes. Everything has worked perfectly.

daft_ninja

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have installed this today on my One M8 - (Im also new to Android)
I am loving the app and have it set up how i want it. I am however a creature of habbit. Is it possible to get my HTC clock/Weather widget onto the notification panel instead of their different own version?

I tapped the add widgets button but it just doesnt react?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa